Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I File Tdiu Before Receiving A Decision?

Rate this question

jjmd

Question

Hello fellow veterans! As always I appreciate your help

About two months ago I had C&P exam for PTSD, depression, etc. I am not shure how long it's going to take before it goes to the rating board. currently I have no job, no income and it's slowly destroying me. The last job I had was in 09. Did not last 3 months. I resigned before getting fired ( too many complains about my performance at work ). I started using GI bill to servive, taking one and two classes a semester. However, I was barely living due to depression. That is when I filled for disability because I could not no longer lie to myself that I am ok and get through it.

My question is, is it possible to file for TDIU before getting a rating?

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yOu won't freaking believe what happened this moring at the VA San Diego, Mission Valley.

Well, starting with yesterday., I sent my VSO, who has an office in the same building, my TDIU application papers, to deliver to the claims office.

I typed, please call me back to tel lme what you did or did not do. No call all afternoon. I dove there this morning. I left at 6 am. because the parkingis so bad, I wanted to be able to park without waiting 30 minutes for a parking spots.. it horriffic there...

I pull in, and there people tell us us they wil not open the building because the electricity is off...

after 2 hours, they are walking around tell the employees to al go home with paid day off (no shit, I heard with my own ears...).

they they told everyone else the eltricity wil be off almost al day.. and to go home..

I hate mission valley VA with a passion...

I bet if something happens they will come looking of me..... because i said this.. too bad, I don't care... I frakkin hate the jerks there,, not the medical people but the jerks who messed up my claim and keep jerking me... If they only knew the hell I have been through,,, soemtimes I feel stupid for not having just offed myself, I know what's coming more hell... and it isn't all from disease, it's more hell from stupid people at the VA...

That was so stupid this morning, a few VA employees telling hundreds of people to go home because the electricity is off, they would not let people use the restroom, or anything, the gaurds were ont he other side of the glass, and employees were wlakingin and oiut of the buliding using ht erestroom whenver they wanted. I stood by the front door and watched an listened.

I saw and heard the employees discussing everything only a few short feet from me..

it was really pissing me off.. I heard more b.s. as the employees chatted,,

If you guys saw and heard what I experienced you would all blow a gasket.

!!!!

I know some will say calm down,,,,, I guess I should calm down, but I hope this info puts them on notice they really make sick vets angry!

I wasted gas money I don't have, in an old car with 375,000 miles to put up with the VA claims system that just screws people, and they are clueless, oblivious to everyone else.. it's like the are in their own world, and just either don't give a crap, or they do know and don't give a crap...

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd go after "Moody," as he or she's the one that recommended you go there!!! Just kidding!! Sorry it happened but "life or sh*t, as it's sometimes called, happens and we can't plan for every option. In the old days, I'd have been just like you!!! These days I'm wiser and realize there is nothing I can do about it, so why get all bent outta shape? jmo

pr

Thank you everyone for your great posts. I am not sure if the Va is going to award me more than 60% for my PTSD. At this point all I know is my GAF score is 52, my conditions are SC according to the C&P examiner , and I was declared incompetent for to handle my finances. It would be crazy to get a rating below 60% and letting someone handle your finances.

I decided to wait till I get a decision.

Thank you for your suggestions!

No to calm down and stay quit is what they want you to do and no they dont give a F**k about you or any of us they are just there getting a paycheck they do as little as possiable and get paid an ass of money I really dont know how the VA gets away with the s**t they do I mean not letteing you through on the 800 number not letting you see you ebenifits not doing nothing and only giving you generic and BS answers I really think we should all get together and strom the fort with guns a blazing an see how the like it. I mean there is no reason that a claim should take as long as it dose there is no reason it should take you years to get you benefits and you damn sure shouldnt have to lose everything to get it or go through all this stress and BS

Thank you everyone for your great posts. I am not sure if the Va is going to award me more than 60% for my PTSD. At this point all I know is my GAF score is 52, my conditions are SC according to the C&P examiner , and I was declared incompetent for to handle my finances. It would be crazy to get a rating below 60% and letting someone handle your finances.

I decided to wait till I get a decision.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Mental health doesn't provide for a 60 percent evaluation.

10 - 30 - 50 - 70 - or 100.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.