Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Meeting With The Dr.

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Well I had a meeting with my PTSD Doctor on May 2. The meeting wasn't very long, maybe 45 min. He did ask a lot of questions about my time in VN. I did have to revist the events that took place while in country, which was very stressfull. I also told him about the dreams and the night mares and night sweats. Then he asked about my private life well as my social life. I explained to him I have been married 2 times and been single since 1977. I also told him I am in a relationship, but married it out. Well toward the end he said my numbers was low, so what does that mean? any suggestions on this would be helpful. thanks.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you are being treating at the vamc,go by the release of information office, where you are being treated at and get your medical notes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what he meant. Could be your test scores, for PTSD, were low, or your GAF score was low. I'm thinking it was your test scores that are used to validate a PTSD diagnosis, these days. You can request a copy of his notes and, in fact, you should request copies, of any VA care, prior to leaving, after your appointment(s). jmo

pr

well I don't know if it low test scores or the GAF. I do know the GAF score is used for rating. I have never heard of "test score" what are the used for? I will ask for a copy this Thursday when I go to my group meeting. Thanks to all who answer the question.

• HadIt.com Elder

These days, the VA gives a battery of tests/questionaires to confirm a PTSD diagnosis. One is an MMPI and another is a combat exposure questionaire. I believe there are 3 or 4 of them in the battery. If you didn't take these then that would rule them out. The GAF is used somewhat but not by itself. A low score would probably be 70-100 and a high score would be 30-0. The lower the number the worse you are. jmo

pr

well I don't know if it low test scores or the GAF. I do know the GAF score is used for rating. I have never heard of "test score" what are the used for? I will ask for a copy this Thursday when I go to my group meeting. Thanks to all who answer the question.

Well I am finished taking the PTSD 16 weeks group therapy, I also has the meeting with the psychologist who gave the group theaapy, afterward I go t the print out and the GFA is 55, so I guess I will get low balled on this. ANY comments, as what I can expect when I send it in with my claim for PTSD.