Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Buried In Cardboard Box

tmoe

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1982 my Father a purple heart and bronze star WWII Veteran who was on a pension died. The VA's contribution to his burial was about a third of what a low cost burial in Houston costs due to requirements of the VA Cemetery. At the time I was grateful for what they paid as my brother and I shared the remaining expense with my Uncle.

When I pass the VA will pay all cause I am going to save them money and be cremated. Wonder why you get the letters offering free burial if you are a Veteran?

Most funeral homes are filled with blood suckers who manipulate families in time of grief. When my sister in law passed a couple of years ago she was cremated attop of line Funeral Home for about 1000 on Insurance bought a few days before she passed. If she had died before the insurance was bought it would have cost over 3000 at the same place.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ!, Really!

I've got some rough sawn pine that I could have planed for them.

I would like to be burried in a nice pine box. I will have to see if I can have that done. Around here, it goes into a concrete vault before it goes into the ground, so I don't think it would matter. It would be cool. And nails, no screws. Old school.

Now, cardboard, that's an insult. Hopefully it wasn't that yellow colored cardboard from China. Now that would be a kick in the jimmies right before lights out.

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA would give my widow an extra 100 bucks a month they can bury me in a cardboard box. A elderly friend of mine put in his will that he be buried in a pine box. You still get put into metal container in Florida.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds to me like the ultimate statement the VA can make to us and our families.

We do not deserve any better in death than we do when we are alive.

"Good Riddance" Try to put in a claim for that !

Ron