Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Year And Still Waiting

Rate this question

oldranger821

Question

Just talked to the DAV Rep in St. Pete. The VA is waiting for the AF/DOD confirmation that I was in Nam. What the H@##$%%. I sent them medical records where I was seen at Phan Rang and Pleiku medical clinics. I sent copies of personnel records that shows I was in Nam in 1968. About 6 months ago, I noticed that Ebennies had me only serving fro Oct 1980 to nov 1984. I sent them copies of my 214 that was 3 pages long. they only had the first page in there file. IT'S STILL That way!!!! Pure incompitdence!!!!! in the VA files. Ebennies has it right. The DAV rep said That is the reason they ask for ther confirmation. They (AIR FORCE/DOD) has had the paperwork since 24 April 2012. Rep said 4 months more if I am really LUCKY. sad.pngmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So sorry to hear this. Is there any way you can get to the VARO and drop a copy?

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Ok. Just talked to VA at 1-800-Peggy. The guys read a canned statement and then I ask some questions and he was very condecending. He said that he did not see them sending out any paperwork to confirm that I was in Nam. He did confirm that they have my time in service right. 1964 to 1984. He said because my claim has IHD and DMII from Agent Orange in Nam, that is reason it is taking so long. He did not come out and say the DAV lied to me but he inferred it!!!!!!!

Justrluk. It's a 10-12 hour drive from here to St. Pete. Too long a drive for me with my back and leg problems. They( VA) has the paperwork. they signed for it in Feb 2012 when I sent it return reciept requested.

Just can't tell which one is lieing to me!!!!!!!

Edited by oldranger821

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA held up one of my claims saying they did not have a copy of my DD214. I had been a claimant since 1971. I got a raised copy of my DD214 and took it to them in St Pete by hand. I know that this is not possible for you so send them a certified copy of your DD214. I bet 20$ there is a copy sitting on the first page of your C-File at St. Pete. Mine was sitting right there when the VA said they did not have it.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Contrary to popular belief. A year of time within the VA system is actually not that long. Most vets wait for a whole lot longer than a year.

The VA uses the first year, ( Every second of it to their advantage just because they can).

Hang in there and don't let it get to you too much.

Also ST Pete RO is the busiest one in the world.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.