Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does It Take The Va Regional Office To Schedule A C&p Exam After Someone Submits A Claim For A Rate Increase?

Rate this question

Barbamatt

Question

I've recently submitted a rate increase for my depression and anxiety. I am already rated 30% for MDD. I have had a very hard time keeping a job. I get messed up thoughts in my head that makes it difficult to keep up the pace at work and having constant panic attacks.

I've been hospitalized in the past few months. Once for severe chest pain which was found to be "stress related" and then I was hospitalized twice for suicidal ideation with a plan. My depression has gotten worse and I am on a lot of medication for it.

I have looked over the rate scheduling tables and I feel that I am at least around 70% because I have a lot of those symptoms.

My case is still being reviewed. I got a letter yesterday that said that they were still looking at it. I am wondering when and if I will get a new C&P exam or can they base my rating on my medical records. I have been treated an my VAMC.

Proving the service connection wasn't hard for me because depression was documented in my military health record. I saw a Navy shrink and got treatment while I was still active duty.

It is more about the hear and now...I am having horrible anxiety at times and hardly ever sleep. I am on 4 different psych meds and I don't know if they are working or if they are going against each other or what. I do know that I would feel like total crap if I just stopped taking them...When I get my next appointment I will discuss my meds with my dr.

It was done by QTC. What ever group that is. I know that that is the contract with the VA in Atlanta. Maybe they have other contracts elsewhere.

Right now I'm so tired from it that I don't really know. It could go either way...maybe I will get a rate increase because of my psych history. I've had a few hospitalizations during the past year. She didn't really go into depth about it but she did ask. My depression got bad enough to be hospitalized. I still have issues. I tried to mention what I could about it. It is a good thing that I wrote things down because I could hardly think while I was there.

Tomorrow I have to go back for a physical exam on my knee. I have arthritis and am claiming that too. It will be a lot easier to get the medical exam. I am sure that they will take xrays and look at the knee. That is easier than psych.

I can request both reports at the same time. How long should I wait?

• HadIt.com Elder

QTC you may never see it. The best chance is to go to the VARO in a couple of weeks and ask them to produce a copy while you wait. Considering your symptoms please take someone with you.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

As of today, I am done with QTC. Now all I have to do is wait. I will try to get a copy next week at my regional office, IDK if they will give it to me. I can at least ask for a copy of the exam.

I think that I have regular appotiments next week at the VAMC and the RO is right next to it. I hate waiting...but there isn't much I can do about that. I hope the rest of the process goes faster than it has up to this point. I have already waited about a year from the original claim.

I haven't posted in a while. I wanted to give an update! I got a rate increase Oct of last year (2013). I am now rated 50% for depression. I also get 10% IBS and 10% migraines for a total of 60%. I was hoping to get at least 70 for the depression, but maybe if it doesn't get better I'll apply again later on. I don't know if it is worth it to re open it. I am afraid of having it knocked back down.

Right now I am applying for SSDI. I haven't been able to work in over 2 years. I am in the process of waiting for a ALJ hearing which is to be expected any time now. My lawyer said that it was in the system (I forget the exact word she used) but a date hasn't been set yet...but it is pending. I am so worried about it. I've been through a lot this past year.

In the process of all my disability claims I lost my house to foreclosure. I had to move in with family out of state, so now I live in TN. I had to change VAMC and get a new provider. Now he says my depression is moderate, where as my last dr. said it was severe. I see him again on the 15th of Mar. which is about 2 weeks. I need to discuss a few things with him. He has been adjusting my medications...now I have been feeling more depressed and anxious.

I just hope it all goes well with SSDI.

Once u get your SS that can help with the va comp. do u have any thing else that can be contributed to the meds your on, like high or low blood pressure, weight gain,. heart burn, nausea, diaharieaa. .. The human body, when working correctly is in a balance. When one of the systems are comprimised the balance is no longer there. one thing, affects something else, and so on, when you add meds to the mix, more things change,. its almost infinite. I personally think they are lowballing you, Keep fighting and dont worry abt them taking anything from you. VA DONT GIVE NOTHING THAT THEY DONT HAVE TO . IT AINT COMPASSION.

Almost all medicines cause side effects. read the papers that come with the meds you know the 5 page papers that say what the side effects are.

also when u go to CP exams, tell them abt the WORST case episodes. not the best case.

New update. I just had my ALJ hearing for Social Security. I think that it went really well. The whole hearing was less than 15 min...and the judge hardly asked me anything other than what the date my disability started. He had a question about the last time I worked....the VE stated that there was no jobs that I could do...and then he said some legal stuff with my lawyer...next he said that if I agreed to amend my disability date to two months later that he would find me fully favorable...He and my lawyer discussed the date for about a minute and my lawyer had me sign the paper. My lawyer seemed to think that I won.

As best I have researched though it still isn't over until I get it in writing. That comes as no surprise as to anything the govt. does it has to be in writing or it don't count. I was told it can take up to 90 days to get the written decision...and it can take another 90 days to get paid...but I pray it will go fast. I have been waiting and waiting. I am getting the idea that it is all nothing but a waiting game.

I had to go through so much to get to this side...I waited on the VA and now I'm waiting on Social Security. At least I have an idea that it will go good. Not all judges tell you at the hearing how they will rule...it surprised my lawyer...but he seemed to think that I got it.

My VA rating is 50% Depression, 10% migraines, and 10% IBS