Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does It Take The Va Regional Office To Schedule A C&p Exam After Someone Submits A Claim For A Rate Increase?

Rate this question

Barbamatt

Question

I've recently submitted a rate increase for my depression and anxiety. I am already rated 30% for MDD. I have had a very hard time keeping a job. I get messed up thoughts in my head that makes it difficult to keep up the pace at work and having constant panic attacks.

I've been hospitalized in the past few months. Once for severe chest pain which was found to be "stress related" and then I was hospitalized twice for suicidal ideation with a plan. My depression has gotten worse and I am on a lot of medication for it.

I have looked over the rate scheduling tables and I feel that I am at least around 70% because I have a lot of those symptoms.

My case is still being reviewed. I got a letter yesterday that said that they were still looking at it. I am wondering when and if I will get a new C&P exam or can they base my rating on my medical records. I have been treated an my VAMC.

Proving the service connection wasn't hard for me because depression was documented in my military health record. I saw a Navy shrink and got treatment while I was still active duty.

It is more about the hear and now...I am having horrible anxiety at times and hardly ever sleep. I am on 4 different psych meds and I don't know if they are working or if they are going against each other or what. I do know that I would feel like total crap if I just stopped taking them...When I get my next appointment I will discuss my meds with my dr.

I thought that you had to have at least one sc condition rated at 70% to get TDIU...but if I qualify for it then it is certainly something to look into. I have to wait on my actual decision letter confirming that I have it. Maybe it would help my case that SS found me disabled and said that I can't do any job with my limitations.

I have to look into it while I am waiting. I am afraid to re-open my claim that I will get it reduced....at least right now I can survive on what I am getting, and will be doing better when I finally get SSDI money.

I'm sorry did you say you were hospitalized for depression AND unemployed due to depression and VA only gave you 50%!

That is extremely low rating for that scenario.

John999 is right, file for TDIU now. You do not need to have the 70% rating in order to file for TDIU. When you file, they will evaluate whether to increase your rating to the higher percentage needed.

What is your SSDI based on? If it is based solely on the same things you are service-connected for by VA, Then once you get your approval letter from SSDI you will want to send that to VA and ask for an increase ( by filing for TDIU).

Do you have anybody, a lawyer or VSO helping you? This stuff can get overwhelming ---all the paperwork and all the regulations

Unless it has changed, good luck on trying to get anything in person from the Atlanta VARO. I hope you are able to get a copy of your exam but I have not had any luck with the Atlanta VARO in the past when requesting copies of documents. I share your concern about driving on the interstate, especially in Atlanta.

Georgiapapa...

I started in Atlanta, now I move to Nashville area. I would have to use the VA in Tennessee. I haven't used the RO here and don't know anything about it....as far as if they are good or bad.

I am going to wait on my ssdi approval letter to apply...all of my ssdi is based on my sc condition. I used a lawyer for that. I am wondering if I should try to get the lawyer to do the VA too. But he is an Atlanta lawyer....since I started the claim in Atlanta. I don't know if he will be able to take on the VA for me now. He is a SSDI lawyer and don't know if they do VA claims too. I guess I could ask.

Maybe I can find a VA lawyer to help me put my case together to file. I get frustrated by doing it alone. I haven't really looked into it very far yet. I will though. Right now I just need a break...The paper work and red tape is a lot on a person with a mental disorder....I realize it is also tough on people with physical disorders too...but when it is mental they don't take you as serious and don't tend to believe you as much.