VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva And Their Decision?

Rate this question

MPsgt

Question

Can anyone tell me what the following means? I'm fairly new to Hadit and Ebenefits and the following might as well be in hieroglyphics on the Ebenefits website. They say that a decision was made 05/01/2012 regarding an increase to IU and the following is "current", Whatever that means? I don't want to contact my Veteran Service Rep., in fear it may continue to delay an outcome. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Oh.....please respond in layman terms. I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd;)

Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center"

When I read the above I'm thinking Remand for another C & P. Why would it go to the VA Medical Center otherwise? JMHO

I sure the HELL hope not! I can't do another one like the first. I've been attending weekly "treatments" at my VAMC for almost two years. The meds. help too. This VAMC was my employer for a year after the military. Therefore, they required a/first & only C & P exam in Louisville, KY a little over a year ago. I believe they were trying to prevent a conflict of interest. John was saying contact my VSO. I will do that. Thanks

I was thinking that the BVA was returning your file to the VA and did not consider them returning it to the VA medical center. That does sound weird. You File should be returned to your RO and not your medical center. I would call my VSO. C&P's are originated at the RO and done at the VAMC? It could be a typo.

I hope it maybe a typo. My current VAMC Lexington, KY is a previous employer and my current treatment center. I had to go to Louisville, KY for my one and only C&P exam. There was a conflict of interest. The Louisville VAMC is also my RO. I'll contact my VSO and thanks for the advice.

This is more likely being returned to the vamc for either clarification of a previous exam AND/OR a medical opinion since this is regarding TDIU. BVA does not have the authority to award tdiu not until AFTER final and PROPER adjudication of the claim of tdiu. Since you already meet the percentages for tdiu this forces the varo to PROPERLY state is reasons and basis for denial of tdiu which is always done by medical opinions. I believe this is a good thing the bva remanding to the vamc for this reason. Sounds like the bva is doing their job. If you have the EVIDENCE in your medical records stating you can't work along with a positive medical opinion from the c&p examiner you should be okay, and if not you have some time to get that evidence needed before bva makes that final ruling on the matter of tdiu. JMHO.

I will contact my VSO and my current rating is 80%. I believe you've answered some questions for me in the past? Thanks

Edited by MPsgt

I was thinking that the BVA was returning your file to the VA and did not consider them returning it to the VA medical center. That does sound weird. You File should be returned to your RO and not your medical center. I would call my VSO. C&P's are originated at the RO and done at the VAMC? It could be a typo.

I contacted my VSO and it's taking about 15 months to process these appeals. 15 months from now will a 2 year mark. I guess I'll just wait.