Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu C&p Vha Examiner Remarks

Rate this question

ras

Question

Good evening, All.....

A few weeks ago, I had a C&P exam for 2 remaining medical issues that had been deferred from my initial Disability Claim ~ Oct 2011. The issues were deferred for further testing…COPD (PFT) & CAD (Interview based METS testing, EKG)….When these 2 issues were deferred, I was still awarded 80% for my other medical SC disabilities on this initial claim……I filed for TDIU a few months after the awarding of 80%, so this recent exam was to cover the additional testing for COPD/CAD & TDIU.....The exam took place at a VA Center, per my VARO…

The exam took ~45 mins with the Examiner….This was followed by a PFT, EKG, chest and lower back x-rays within all the respective departments throughout the facility….I never saw my Examiner again after the initial 45 min apt…..I received a copy of the exam (titled “General Medical – Compensation Disability Benefits Questionnaire *Internal VA or DoD Use Only*) after it was marked “Completed”. In Section I, #6 (remarks) were the following:

“Veteran is not employably related to the following conditions:

1. Decreased concentration and impaired cognitive. Diminished ability for social interaction

2. Migraine headaches: At X-X per week, ma have unacceptable amounts of absences with diminished concentration

3. Back pain requires opiates: limits functioning of standing, sitting, walking, heavy lifting, inability to drive related to opiate use.

4. Diminished stamina and exertional level, varying due to symptoms related to COPD and CAD

My question……Is this the Examiner’s own statement or is the Examiner stating what I may have said as a reason why I am filing for TDIU?…because I did not say those things......your inputs are greatly appreciated....

ras

Edited by sharon
type size

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

At least the examiners statement is simple enough that a VA RO might understand it!

It's likely that the examiner wrote before any of the test results were available. He may or may not have eventually bothered to look at the results.

Anyway, If I were you, I certainly try to get copies of any test results, and make sure that they make it into your medical records.

At least the examiners statement is simple enough that a VA RO might understand it!

It's likely that the examiner wrote before any of the test results were available. He may or may not have eventually bothered to look at the results.

Anyway, If I were you, I certainly try to get copies of any test results, and make sure that they make it into your medical records.

Thank you, Chuck75

ras

If you never stated the reasons listed, it would seem that they are the opinion of the examiner.

If you never stated the reasons listed, it would seem that they are the opinion of the examiner.

Thank you, Sharon

ras

Is there any statement in the exam results that says you are unemployable due to your service connected conditions?

This statement makes no sense to me:

“Veteran is not employably related to the following conditions:"

Is there any statement in the exam results that says you are unemployable due to your service connected conditions?

This statement makes no sense to me:

“Veteran is not employably related to the following conditions:"

Hello, Berta.....

No. However, the examiner does point out, throughout the report, which disabilities/diseases are already S/C......Since this C&P/TDIU exam is part of my initial claim (my BDD claim), I have only submitted SMRs and signed Release of Rcds permission to the VA on any medical treatment rcvd since retirement. So, the only info submitted thus far are what I've stated above + my input to the VA as to why I am asking for TDIU.......I'm not sure if I answered your question & I didn't mean to "ramble on" (good song, BTW).........Thanks again, Berta.....

ras