VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Get Something Into Your Records?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I have a 30% range of motion condition that is service connected. I has a typed up listing of my service connected conditions which included the range of motion problem that I gave to the C&P examiner. The examiner made a notation of the condition in her write up but never attempted to measure it of give me any acknowledgement that it existed. I complained to her supervisor which was like talking to concrete. It appears that if your condition is not previously written up in your records that it does not exist during a C&P exam. I have given up on the VA to do anything other than give me pills. I have arranged to see an outside Doctor to help me with paperwork that clearly shows my service connected conditions. I hope that he will and I will have to pay for his services myself with Blue Cross's help. If all goes well and I get some good honest paperwork I will attempt to shove it up my VA Primary Cares inbox. Anybody got any better ideas? Thanks Slowlane

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have a 30% range of motion condition that is service connected. I has a typed up listing of my service connected conditions which included the range of motion problem that I gave to the C&P examiner. The examiner made a notation of the condition in her write up but never attempted to measure it of give me any acknowledgement that it existed. I complained to her supervisor which was like talking to concrete. It appears that if your condition is not previously written up in your records that it does not exist during a C&P exam. I have given up on the VA to do anything other than give me pills. I have arranged to see an outside Doctor to help me with paperwork that clearly shows my service connected conditions. I hope that he will and I will have to pay for his services myself with Blue Cross's help. If all goes well and I get some good honest paperwork I will attempt to shove it up my VA Primary Cares inbox. Anybody got any better ideas? Thanks Slowlane

After my C&P exam, I had several appointments regarding some of my issues and I know the VA didnt have any of these records. I gathered all the new files regarding my claims, and some for claims that werent on the original forms, and scaned/e-mailed them to everyone at the VA i had contact with. One guy replied, "you have to file out xyz form for new claims" I made sure to tell everyone I sent them to that these arent new claims, "even though 1 of them was" and was new records for claims already pending.

Surprisingly, everyone replied back with a big thanks and, "yes...these will def help your case"

• HadIt.com Elder

Take every opportunity to bring up disabilites and ask for treatment when you see your PCP. Complain about being depressed and be sure you complain about any condition for which you are seeking a claim. You need to build your empire of documentation over time. Do you see a psychiatrist for depression now at the VA?

I'm hearing that a lot more and more, that the VA medical side is becoming more and more professional and caring. That is a wonderful thing, and hopefully it will begin to grow over into the benefits side as well.

Mark

Take every opportunity to bring up disabilites and ask for treatment when you see your PCP. Complain about being depressed and be sure you complain about any condition for which you are seeking a claim. You need to build your empire of documentation over time. Do you see a psychiatrist for depression now at the VA?

Somehow I never got the message about the importance of getting your disabilities documented in your file.

I ASSUMED that everything was noted for me.

Well, I got the message now and I'm making sure that everything is noted, scheduled, examined etc.

I am also going to cover it on the outside with IMO's.