Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's Over! Thank God.

Rate this topic

F4crewchief

Thank god and thank Hadit.com it's over. I watched the whole thing unfold on ebenifits Sat. July 28 it will be the day my life changed for ever. 2 years ago I filed my claim and today my ab3 letter says 100% percent rate due to service connected disability , this is total disability is considered permanent. you are not scheduled for future examinations. my ab8 letter showed the monthly amount which matches the 100% rate. ebenifits explorer ( a new item) shows my rate @ 100% ,and i should have 2 years of retro coming. wow. Thanks to this site i was prepared for the roller coaster ride on ebenifits, it went from pending notification back to pending decision it did this twice but on Sat i could not pull myself away from the computer and would refresh ebenifites every 10 mins. and watched it climb to a new phase until the last on complete came in about 2:00 on Sat. the whole back end of ebenifits changed on that last refresh and i knew this had to be it! and yes up popped all my AB letters. I cried and farted all the same. it started in May 8th had to go to C&P exam, I didn't even know what that was, that's when i found this site, anyway i was dx with bipolar 1, with a gaf of 51, and the examiner said i was missed dx in the airforce with a personalty disorder which grew in to this bipolar 1, that was my nexus. not sure if i can still work or not but i will be giving my job a 3 week notice. I happen to like my job. but i will be spending my time in treatment and travel. good luck to all...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. I dont recommend giving notice until you get your official decision or, better yet, the money in the bank, especially since you like your job. Of course, if you cant work, then by all means hang it up and seek treatment.

I did not know that you can cry and fart at the same time, but then, I never tried, etiher.

• Founder

Outstanding Chief!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Congrats! I can't imagine the feeling....after waiting 2 years and then being there to watch as the ebenefits site updated - definitely a day you won't soon forget.

“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” - John F. Kennedy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use