Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letters Showing 100% P&t !

Rate this topic

midnight340

My first claim was denied SC, but after requesting reconsideration with new information, I tentatively believe this to be a success!!!

I have not received the decision letter or money in the bank, but the letter generator is showing AB8 letter stating that my benefit amount is equivalent to 100% level, my AB4 letter is there confirming disability, and I also have an AB3 letter showing commissary and exchange privileges and stating that: "This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations." Also the benefit Explorer is showing 100% default setting.

This being Sunday, I anxiously await the mail tomorrow, as well as checking my bank account for retro. I have been very hesitant to believe this... but folks here at hadit keep telling me this really is the good news that I have been hoping for.

I will post again as I learn more.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have not received the decision letter or money in the bank, but the letter generator is showing AB8 letter stating that my benefit amount is equivalent to 100% level, my AB4 letter is there confirming disability, and I also have an AB3 letter showing commissary and exchange privileges and stating that: "This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations." Also the benefit Explorer is showing 100% default setting.

End of discusion. You are permanent and total!!!

Thanks, deanbrt...

In spite of everyone's advice to try to forget about the claim until there was a decision, I have been so stressed out over this for so long I'm not sure I know how to be otherwise... I don't know if that is pathetic or funny.

I will let this soak into my brain eventually. One thing about the ptsd is that it's so hard to trust that things might just be OK with no cause to worry/stress out. (I go to my appointments, and go to a good group with great guys, so I'm workin' on this stuff, and making progress.)

This is going to make an unbelievably major difference in my life.

I'm smart enough, with some education.... but still have spent so many decades scraping by and feeling like a failure.... and not doing well in work or social situations. My having some breathing room and a chance to take better care of myself and my loved ones is a huge blessing!!!

Called my VSO today and he told me that the Wichita VARO did indeed have my rating at 100% just as the downloadable VA letters indicated. He also told me that they were showing that I would receive payment on the 1st of Aug..... Tomorrow!!! Oh, I hope so!

This last round was on a request for reconsideration so I was afraid they would treat it as a new claim. He told me it looks like they went back to the original claim date... so maybe I won't have to fight for the earlier effective date. He did not know when my decision letter might come.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use