Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letters Showing 100% P&t !

Rate this topic

midnight340

GREAT NEWS!!!! I sat up last night watching the clock (well aware that my payment might be delayed for who knows what reason....) but I had to keep checking just in case I did get a payment on August 1st.

At 20 minutes to midnight, MY RETRO PAYMENT SHOWED UP IN MY ACCOUNT. Now I can truly relax and begin to let this soak in. Probably sad to say, but I have been stressed over how I was going to survive much of the time since I got out of the Navy in 1972. Dreams, jobs, relationships... mostly did not work out, or not for long.

And then this last year and a half I was dealing with the recent PTSD diagnosis, trying to do my work with social workers, ptsd group, psychiatrist, etc... PLUS deal with the added anxiety of whether the VA would ever come through with anything. Ever.

I really suffered this year and a half with all this.... many of you understand.

So to go from 0% to 100% P&T overnight after all these years, is more than I can comprehend. (I had the ebenefit letters a few days ago, but until the money hit, I just couldn't trust it...)

I have not received my decision letter yet, but with the money and official letters all showing 100% P&T with no future exams...I expect it to be mostly the good news.

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU ON THIS SITE!!! BLESS YOU ALL!!! And my best wishes to you who are still waiting for decisions.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT NEWS!!!! I sat up last night watching the clock (well aware that my payment might be delayed for who knows what reason....) but I had to keep checking just in case I did get a payment on August 1st.

At 20 minutes to midnight, MY RETRO PAYMENT SHOWED UP IN MY ACCOUNT. Now I can truly relax and begin to let this soak in. Probably sad to say, but I have been stressed over how I was going to survive much of the time since I got out of the Navy in 1972. Dreams, jobs, relationships... mostly did not work out, or not for long.

And then this last year and a half I was dealing with the recent PTSD diagnosis, trying to do my work with social workers, ptsd group, psychiatrist, etc... PLUS deal with the added anxiety of whether the VA would ever come through with anything. Ever.

I really suffered this year and a half with all this.... many of you understand.

So to go from 0% to 100% P&T overnight after all these years, is more than I can comprehend. (I had the ebenefit letters a few days ago, but until the money hit, I just couldn't trust it...)

I have not received my decision letter yet, but with the money and official letters all showing 100% P&T with no future exams...I expect it to be mostly the good news.

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU ON THIS SITE!!! BLESS YOU ALL!!! And my best wishes to you who are still waiting for decisions.

GOOD FOR YOU. Now try to enjoy your life my friend, you deserve it. Thank you so much for your service.

Big white envelope came today!!! All is good. 100%...... I think I'm going to have to learn to celebrate!!! I will definitely put a chunk away for safe keeping, but me and my honey are certainly going to treat ourselves to some things as well.

Again, thank you all. -Midnight

Thanks for your service and congrats!

side note, hey Carlie, any chance we can get a like button on here kinda like Facebook and Google+? I'm sure it would catch on haha

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use