VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Wonder I Can't Get My Disability Increase! Wtf Va?

Rate this question

Mooshi

Question

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

While I do have a lot of respect for Basser, Mooshi does have a point.

The article did not state whether the employees were "VHA" or "VBA" but it does sound like they were VBA, because this was not a "medical" training seminar.

The Secretary, when he submits his budget to congress does not ask for "100 million for extravagant parties".

Instead, that money comes from "else where"...and where is that? VA employee salaries? They were not cut. VA ex bonuses? Nope, not those, either.

Rather, the most likely place this 100 million came from is delayed or denied Vets benefits. Remember, the Secretary can reallocate funds, probably even switching VBA to VHA at his discretion. If he cant do that, surely he can manipulate the budget in other ways to come up with 100 million for parties.

Apparently the VAOIG has turned up more than a "mere $5million" wasted. Its more like $100 million and the VA does not want to even say until after the election.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/100-million-for-conferences-say-it-aint-so-uncle-eric/

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Broncovet, You are going to have to show me a more credible source than that. Anyone with a computer can write a blog and this person has it in for the VA,

What does VA watchdog have to say?

My main point is this: Let's see what unfolds. We can always jump to conclusions. We dont need members sensationilizing this issue.

It really has no claims bearing at all. The money would be nice put back into the pot.

We may have a special edition SVR show to discuss this next week and take some call ins,

I will keep you posted.

Basser

Have you all ever noticed that no government agency ever has a conference in the dead of winter like places like northern north dakota, montana, harlan county, ky.

Papa

The Bible is more credible than ASK NOD, but everything I read on ASK NOD has been credible.

If you followed the links in the ASK Nod article, which I did, and it lead to another article,from Disabled Veterans dot org, which cites NBC News, who says, and I quote:

"In a February 2011 hearing, a VA official said the department budgeted $20 million for the expenditures, but testimony given in November indicated the VA spent "a little over $100 million," according to the letter. VA later said in a post-hearing response that an "accurate, reliable figure on the number of conferences (held in the past several years) is not available."

"If (the) $100 million figure is accurate, it raises questions of excessive conference spending in a tight fiscal climate," wrote authors Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla., who is the chairman of the committee, and Rep. Bob Filner, D-Calif."

end of NBC News quote.

NBC News article http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13416974-va-blasted-for-spending-millions-on-conferences?lite

Well,

I will go back to the point I made earlier.

I have been DENIED medical supplies and I was TOLD by the VAMC NURSE that the reason they no longer provided the MEDICAL SUPPLIES was because they were trying to reduce SPENDING. The supplies included compression stockings which diabetics need to help them from having to have limbs & digets amputated (Ineeded them for severe swelling for nerve damage), a knee brace for an unstable knee, orthodics for shoes, which in the end I ended up receiving all of those products because I asked if I needed to make an appointment to see the PCM or I did make an appointment to see the PCM.

1 of the products took over 9 months and the reason I finally ended up getting it was because my wife became my caregiver, called prosthetics and threatened them. The next day they ordered them.

Actually, I was told 2x that I could purchase products at Walmart or other pharmacies. I have been denied Fee Basis for formulary Rx that the VAMC does not carry.

I was told by VR&E counselors that the VA does not BUY Veterans products or services when they are in the ILP Program because the VA is REDUCING Spending.

2x in the last 6 months I have received communications from the VARO where the first thing they comment on is that I am in receipt of VA compensation at 100% & have Navy Retirement pay & am in receipt of SSDI. Exactly what this has to dow tih the NOD appeal taking 28 months (so far) I have no idea. I have had to ask a couple of VA employees, VHA and VBA if a Veterans income has anything to do with the benefits they are entitled to (except pension)

When the VA employees are telling Veterans that they are reducing spending by reducing their medical or compensation or VR&E, or any other benefit, then YES, we do have a valid reason for being pissed and disgusted how they are blowing through money at freakin' training conferences. I have personally been told by those 3 departments that my benefits were being reduced or DENIED because they were reducing spending. Anyway you shake it, it all comes out the same in the end.

Obviously the training they are giving or receiving isn't worth the price of a bagful of smashed assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The supplies included compression stockings which diabetics need to help them from having to have limbs & digets amputated (Ineeded them for severe swelling for nerve damage), a knee brace for an unstable knee"

These items were offered to me immediately after examination. I did not even ask for them.

Additionally carpal tunnel braces for both wrists.

When I developed a cough with Lisinopril they switched me to the more expensivew Cozar right away