Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Travel Pay Is Going Direct Deposit

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I go to the VAMC a lot but today was the first day I was told that travel pay will have to be direct deposited. They already charge veterans a service charge so I bet the service charge will increase once the travel pay has to be sent direct deposited. I was told that travel pay will be deposited within 48 hours of a veterans’ scheduled appointment. This will be another mess.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We went direct deposit over a year ago. Sometimes the money is in my account within several days, sometimes much longer. Of course I get the reduced rate but last time it was reduced about 20% more. I'm getting to the point that it isn't worth it. I walk with a cane and it pretty painful standing in the long lines.

vet12

Snowbird here. Spokane Washington still pays cash, but you wait almost 20 minutes or more sometimes. Las Vegas has you check out from your appointment and the clerk fills out your travel voucher, has you sign ity and it goes direct deposit. I get it within 2 weeks at the most. They are trying to cut down the work load on travel clerks.

I was tols if you didn't have a checking account they were to issue some kind of credit or debit card in which they could add your travel deposits. So far so good. If you need the bucks right away, it's a pain.

Hi,

Finally found a thread (that was no closed )and place to add my question or statement about travel vouchers..

I use travel vouchers, and leave them at the VA clinics and hospitals to reimburse my travel expenses.

It looks like they changed them again! at the Portland Oregon VA Hospital, I went to fill out a form, and it was changed again, it is no longer simple. I have very shaky hands and am pissed to find they added lots more Redundant B.S. to the form, where it appears you have to answer the same question posed in several questions! No help on what they want. Just put it in there and hope it doesn't mess with your voucher. As usual, it is impossible to get help, they travel office is either closed, or too many people flood it during the day. Then you leave it in a drop box, unless you want to camp out al day to ask them questions. I do not know why they totally complicated the damned form! Does some idiot look at the forms and looks for ways to screw them up? By the time I get a few lines down, my hands shake so bad, it is so hard to make it legible. They should just ask name, SS, contact info, and location and date. Type of appointment is ok. But now it asks who is filling out the form, and if the same as the vet, then why do we have to fill out both sections? The form does not give an option to say same person, and who cares who is filling it out??? wtf?? They just keep making the process a pia!