VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

David Scott Lare- A Beautiful Soul, A Wonderful Husband, And Loving Father-Age 62

It is with great great sadness that I have to let the Hadit members know that my husband died on Sept. 2nd. He fought the battle hard! He had Congestive Heart Failure, Pulmonary Hypertension,

Pulmonary Fibrosis, and PTSD. He was diagnosed with the Pulmonary Fibrosis in January of 2010. It is a very wicked and wrenching disease. With this, his heart could not handle it.

I do believe that our loved ones will wait before crossing over if they need to see someone special in their lives. Our daughter came in from Chicago for 3 days and was there when his heart began the process of shutting down.

VA did not recognize the Pulmonary Fibrosis, but he was 100% service connected for his heart and 70% for PTSD. He applied for increase of the IHD and PTSD on 09/29/11. By March of 2012, they granted him 100% P&T. I am so very very thankful that he knew that VA cared and VA did not wait until after he passed away to grant him the 100% ( like many of the veterans)! For VA, this was super fast and kind of unprecedented!

When he applied for Social Security disability, he was granted it in 33 days! Now let us put the credit where it is due- I thank God for taking care of him!

This is the hardest thing that I can imagine. We celebrated our 26 wedding anniversary on 06/14/12. I thank God for every single day of our life together and there will always be a huge void in my heart!

I know this site will help me cope. I have not been on in a long time, for my husband was the most important thing and then nothing else seem to matter.

David always kept saying that he would beat this disease and that is how he could cope with it on a daily basis. He was fine Christian man who loved the Lord with all of his heart. Heaven just needed a little more sunshine and a man who could talk about rocks and minerals 24/7.

Our daughter had to leave yesterday to go back to Chicago, for her classes started today. She is in so much pain. He knew she had a wonderful boyfriend and was happy and I know this help ease his mind.

Samantha, our daughter wanted to focus on Vietnam Vets, then decided that she wanted to include all others. Her therapy is photography ( this is her major). She has a site where she is telling her father's story and then hopes to focus on some sort of topic along the lines of how Veteran's families cope with losses. She and I are both extremely proud of his military service!!

We are proud of you Jocko ( the name he gave himself when he stepped off the plane in Vietnam). When he was on American soil again, he then became David again. This was his coping mechanism. David Scott never went to Vietnam.

I apologize if I make this post so long, but you know, it helped writing it down.

I will post later for help with all that I need to do to apply for my benefits.

God Bless you all!

David, Samichris and I love you very much and miss you terribly.

Rest in peace darling!!

Your Loving Wife,

Celia (Mrs. Rockman)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is the only one that can get us through.

David did donate his body to science, but they did harvest his corneas.

We will have later on a celebration of life with plenty of pictures, his military medals, and plenty of caring people. I know he can have military honors ( I think that is what you call it) at his memorial and have the presentation of the flag.

God bless you, Terry!

Although I don't know you I am very saddened by your loss. May God wrap you in his comforting arms to help you cope at this time.

Vetswife

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use