VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

David Scott Lare- A Beautiful Soul, A Wonderful Husband, And Loving Father-Age 62

• HadIt.com Elder

My condolences for your loss. You and your daughter will be in my prayers. I pray for grace to help you handle your grief and to give you energy to do what is needed to secure the benefits that your husband earned for you. If you have any questions Hadit is here for you.

Pete

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you would be interested or not but

Hospice might provide grief counseling and I believe

they now have a Hospice wing at just about every VAMC.

You can always call Hospice and inquire.

Beautiful first trip of the season in Greaterville.

Doggy and I haven't been out exploring since May so it was a treat.

Only detected 30 minutes or so- found the usual bullets and shells, but fully expect to dig up some treasure one day.

Found a fist-sized piece of rose quartz with other rocks embedded and thought "a rocko for Jocko" but we can come up with a better stone than that wink.png

I',m dedicating this prospecting season to David and Celia for the sacrifices they've made that give us the freedom to enjoy public lands smile.png

Brief video here:

If link doesn't work, please copy and paste this address into your browser:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

SP4RVN1971,

Yes, I know he is at peace and he would not tell us how badly he was doing. He didn't want to hurt us, so he kept saying he was fine. Well, you know, he isn't fine--he is fantastic, for he is in heaven.

Just a small note, David left Vietnam in April of 1971 & I noticed that you were there sometime in 1971. I hope you don't mind me mentioning it. You never know if someone was there at the same time or not.

God bless you too!

Celia

Celia, Yes February of 1971 to February 1972 at Camp Eagle and Marble Mountain Da Nang. Rockman was leaving and I was coming and counting the days. I to have heart problems, just three weeks ago had another stent put in. Still having some pain and they want to see if they miss something. Oh by the way there is a book I read everyday call "Jesus Calling" , It is a daily devotions for every day of the year!

Berta,

I cannot believe how cruel and unfeeling people can be at times! They just do not realize that once you have dealt with PTSD with your husband ( or another family member), it simply just does not go away. You probably will carry it for the rest of your life because it is so deeply embedded inside of you. I have not been there, but I know you have and know what it is like.

"Yes, David was awarded 100% P&T effective on 09/29/11. This is why I tried to make sure the death certificate had the cardiac arrest on it.

It has taken me all day to be able to answer a few posts. I am able to talk to people who already know about David, but I have to limit myself to no more than 3 new people a day- that is all I can handle.

Today, the oxygen company called and was in the area and wanted to come by and see if we needed any supplies. I had to tell him about David. He said that he could come on his next trip, but I thought it best to get that part out of the way.My sister-in-law adored her big brother and is having a very difficult time. You see, their older sister passed away the end of May with leukemia. At least, we are very close. She called a while ago and asked me what I thought I considered a "early" time to come in the morning. She lives 11/2 hours away. I told her any time.

Sorry this is so long again. This site is a godsend!!

Celia

Pete 53,

Thank you. You can never have too many people that are praying for you. I know Hadit will help me secure my benefits.

I am going by our county VSO on Monday and see if I can get any information on counseling for me and see what maybe available for Samantha.

Samantha is going to counseling at school, but had to do an intake today. That is the part that really tore her up. One of her professors just lost his dad about 2 weeks ago, so I am sure he will know what she is going through.

Carlie,

I plan on calling the Memphis VAMC on Monday. The only thing is I am 1 1/2 hours away. When you go to the hospice, you may be there for awhile, will you not? It is like checking in, is it not? I do not know much about that department.

Maybe they can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you for suggesting it. I need to get help before the bottom drops out!

Notorious Kelly,

I am glad you had a good first trip prospecting! The part about the rose quartz as a "rocko for jocko" , but maybe a better piece,really touched me and then you went on to say that you were dedicating this season to us.

What a beautiful tribute to David and you do not even know us. I cannot say just how much that meant to me! Thank you thank you for this!

I did pull it up on youtube and watched some. Very interesting. It is keeping me busy and this is what I need.

SP4RVN1971,

David arrived in Vietnam on July 3, 1970. He left April 1972. He was in III Corp most of the time. I only know the names there when we had to prove he was boots on the ground there, ( for AO presumptive diseases proof), even when his DD 214 showed it and his medals showed it also.

I hope that they find out why you are still having problems with your heart and get it taken care of.

Do let us know how you are doing.

I will try and find the devotion book.

God bless all of you and again I started typing and could not quit with just a short note.

Celia

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use