VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crdp And 100% P&t

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this post.

I've been unable to find anything specific, so can anyone tell me what effect CRDP has on a 100% P&T rating? I went from 50 to 100% P&T and retired in 2004. My current waiver is ~$3. I read a few negative comments that weren't really backed up by anything, i.e. If you have CRDP you're screwed for any type of retro etc...etc.

Maybe my insomnia it getting to me because now I'm thinking my VA amount will be reduced?? Any thoughts will be helpful. Maybe I just need to try to go to sleep!!

I am sorry no one replied sooner.

It pays to bump up the post ,as you did, when that happens, as posts can be missed once in a while and sometimes we don't know the answer and it takes time to find an answer.

In this past post there is a DFAS retro number:

Part of Irish7's March 12th post states:

“I just called the phone number for DFAS Retro-pay that Deacon 2011 provided in the 31 JAN 12 post. That number (877-327-4451) is no longer in service. The new # is: 800-321-1080. There are multiple options on the menu. One is for CRDP or Retro-pay. I don't recall which option number it was because I was trying to write down the previous selections and could not keep up with the recording. It may be #6, as the last thing that I wrote down was "General-#4" before I heard Retro or CRDP. There are 2 options after that. Take the first one (as though you received written correspondence from DFAS), it will get you a live representative. Number 2 is just a recording.

The guy that I spoke to, Monroe, was pleasant and knowledgeable. He told me that the VA takes 2 to 4 months after the change in disability percentage (and increase in military pension) to process Retro-pay. I just went to 100% this month, so according to this schedule, the earliest that I'll get the back pay would be 01 MAY 12 and the latest should be 01 JUL 12. Unbelievable. If I don't get paid until July, that will be 2 full years from filing to complete payment. Imagine the civil unrest that we would have in our cities if the government told the Welfare crowd that they will have to wait 2 years to receive benefits. ?”

Does that help at all ?

This part you posted :

"Total VA Benefit - $3037.00

Amount Withheld - $0.00

Amount Paid - $1800.00

Effective Date - Sep 1, 2012

Reason For Change - Retired Pay Adjustment Stopped"

Is it possible that date of Sept will be effective for the October 2012 check and those that follow?

We have some CRDPers here so hopefully they will chime in too.

Edited by Berta

Hey Berta,

Thanks for the reply. It helps.

The stress was getting to me and it was all very confusing and hard to comprehend with limited information provided.

Why they don't inform us about that straight out with something like the below is a mystery to me:

Your total retrospective payment based on submission date of claim: $XX,XXX

Amont withheld due to CRDP/DFAS Audit: $XX,XXX (Don't worry about this right now because you're rated at 100% and CRDP shouldn't effect your receiving this as soon as we've made sure you don't owe the government any money, i.e. Audit) blush.png

I guess I'm correct in thinking that it can be a 2-4 month wait for the remainder of the retro after DFAS gets done with their audit. My concern due to some of the posts on HADIT, was that what I received initially was all I would be getting ($20,110) and that the remainder was somehow going to be withheld due to CRDP etc, etc.

Like I said, the main concern was the unknown. But now, I guess I'm pretty educated on the process and it's just another waiting game.

I think I'm going to take the time to write the whole thing up and submit it as a sticky so maybe someone else won't freak out like I did! biggrin.png

Total VA Benefit - $3037.00
Amount Withheld - $0.00
Amount Paid - $1800.00
Effective Date - Sep 1, 2012
Reason For Change - Retired Pay Adjustment Stopped"

This should have been the first month after your Effective date, when you got your whole 100%. If you were getting CRDP you will still get both. You can figure by add what was Amount withheld times years or month it was withheld. But I looked at your post you retired before 2004 when CRDP started.