Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Ever Done A Fully Documented Claim?

Rate this question

Snookster

Question

I am currently rated at 50% PTSD and am waiting on a C&P for hearing & tinnitus in a week or so. I have a signed statement from my Psychiatrist AND my psychologist alluding to the fact that I am completely unable to continue ANY type of work.

I found info on a FDC and am wondering if this should be my next claim? I have everything (including statement from my last job) that I can see that they would want.

Has anyone ever done this? Would it be worth my while? Would my claim really get decided quicker?

I have also filed for SSDI last week and was told we did a good job on our paperwork with them, so maybe that's a good sign too.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Snookster

Vietnam Veteran with PTSD..

Federally Medicated for your protection.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Again. I gave my mine you gave yours. Snookster do what you feel. I DID eat retro, but my benefits and decision was started in three to four mos. how long did it take bronco vet? I consider paying my dime upfront as an investment and get it back in the end with a first time ( no appeal, no reconsideration) grant for 50%. Jmho

Also with snooksters case, he would get a va exam die to being 50% for possible increase or IU. His call. Too each there own. Thank you broncovry for pros and cons.

Respectfully

T8r

All,

I may be talking out of my bu**, but, here goes.

I don't see how any claim can be fully developed, especially when what you are claiming may or may not fit a VA diagnostic code.

I had a simple claim with a diagnosis and two proceedures while on active duty. Normal VA claim process. Needed to have a C&P. I believe at this time it would have been a fully developed claim. Active duty evidence. Two seperate Hospital notes, and a VA C&P.

But, it was sent back for another C&P for a totally different condition I would have not related to my original medical problem.

I don't know who is working for me at any level, but I feel someone (VFW, VA, God) is trying to get me compensation by a alternative path. I don't see anyone doing that with a FDC, as you (the claiment) is saying all the evidence you need to make a decision is here..

My uneducated 2 cents,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Thanks to all who answered this thread! It seems that "maybe" some do not fully understand an FDC claim or have never even heard of it. I did some searching for a more descriptive answer to this and I found this: http://www.dav.org/n...cle.aspx?ID=556

It seems that some vets indeed are using this claim and alot are getting good results. But remember that you must have EVERYTHING they could possibly want from you & they will get the rest from your records. I really believe that the ones who do not get fast results, must not have done their homework with this type of claim.

This has been very interesting to me and I hope all of YOU!

Thank You

Snookster

Edited by Snookster

Snookster I did the same with SSDI well documented with VAMC papers and diagnosis it took just about six months as well and was awarded the VA however is a different animal I agree with others get increased and secondary conditions added will help your TDIU intensively hope this helps

Am Praying for you all

Thanks for your service

Thanks Geek....Yes, I have a claim pending right now for Hearing loss & tinnitus...go to my C&P next Tuesday morning @ 7:00 AM. So far, my 1st Audiology test confirms what I've been saying about my hearing loss and it also said something about my tinnitus....this next test I "suppose," is going to confirm what they saw on my 1st one.

Again Many Thanks!

Snookster