All Members Please Read

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I can't help but notice when I start reading posts and see

that some of them will lead to nothing much more, than negativity

and arguments on the board.

Anytime there is misinformation posted or a difference in the understanding

of regs, laws, evaluation criteria,vba claims process, etc...

it surely does need to be discussed and corrected, as quickly,simply and clearly

as possible.

This can be accomplished without the verbiage or intent of belittling others or

attempting to inflating our own egos on a regular basis.

If you feel a need to make offensive posts such as the above, then perhaps this is not

the forum for you, There are many veterans forums available on the internet and

there maybe one out there, more to your liking.

When these type of posting's are made, a Moderator or Admin will simply delete it

from the board without further discussion or contact.

If a member makes a choice to continue on with offensive postings, then it would

be time for their membership to end.

Please take a moment to re-read over what you have written,prior to hitting the post button.

We can always agree to disagree and remain kind and cordial with one another

or just put a member on your ignore list so you don't get bothered reading their posts.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree and sorry that health and just plane loss of energy has caused me to be less active. Everyone here has agreed to the rules and trust me if you would have seen how many falre ups and problems it took to develop this Board to the point it has reached you would appreciate them all the more. We all agree to do it Tbirds way after all its here Board.

For those who have not thought about it many Veterans who come here have been injured in more than one way and the real reason is aside from being adults the responsibility of having a safe forum for Veterans who do not trust is very important.

So read the rules, don't argue with Moderators and show respect to all Members and everything will be just fine.

Other than the free games on POGO, this is the only site I am on. After I found HADIT and lurked for awhile I realized that 99.97% of the VETERANS & thier spouses are here to help other veterans. The other.03% I just dont know. This site has helped me to get to 93.2% (90) and will help me to get to 100% with all the advise I have seen and been given. I have had my toes stepped on enough times and I always try to stop and think before I say or print something that might hurt some one else. Thanks for the words of wisdom Carlie, Tbird, and all the others .

As for me, I foolishly logged onto this site for the first time AFTER I filed my initial claim with the VA. Since that time, and after a few weeks of kicking myself, I also became a "lurker". I have found a tremendous wealth of information thus far that has helped me to help substantiate my own claim, put my mind at ease, and quite possibly prepare for future battles in the event that the VA doesn't agree with my own personal rating beliefs.

Although I don't personally know anybody here, I thank all for their input, wisdom and patience. I am often discouraged as well, sometimes from the long wait, sometimes for my own mistakes in the process, and even more importantly, just like all others that are rated on here, from my own conditions that I live with every day.

I definitely see the wisdom in admonishing others against attacks. First, they really don't serve much purpose, since it is only text on a screen, and second bashing another veteran, caregiver or counselor only serves to discourage them from participating, with an end result being that vital information or advice is not provided to the many others that read this site daily.

So in the interest of good spirit, and because I try to make a joke when I can. I hereby pledge to play well with others.

Have a great night all.

Mark

Well said Carlie. Hadit has helped guide me through the claims system and it is refreshing to see a bunch of strangers with at least one thing in common work together! I recommend this site to every vet I encounter who is going through the VA system.