Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank You All

Rate this question

Berta

Question

It has been one of the greatest honors of my life to serve as an advocate on this wonderful web site, that Tbird has created , as one of the most viable tools a VA claimant has, to pursue and succeed in their claims.

The intellect and information here is outstanding and the search feature alone can often provide answers before a question is even posted and asked.

Tbird's vast amount of work here to begin and maintain this site has been ,for years, advanced by Carlie's input with the 2 tough jobs of being both a moderator and also helping with claims questions,and it has all been Superb. You all have been great!

I have retired from Claims work.

I will be focusing my energy instead on attempting to help reduce the backlog.

Last month's H VAC DAMA Subcommittee hearing revisited some solutions. The CPAT

and “State Strike Force “concepts in Texas and the testimony from

Jim Richman ,the Director of Claims Representation and Counseling at the Texas Veterans Commission

has certainly revealed some backlog reduction success.

The :”Texas” model seems very viable yet obviously all claimants do not live in Texas and I don't know of any other state commission or veteran's affairs department who has also planned or developed any similar concept.

I have some potential solutions for the H VAC committee VA to consider ,regarding claims errors committed at the RO level , errors that occur on a daily basis, prior to a formal BVA transfer, which have caused a good part of this extraordinary backlog. One only needs to study the BVA remands, to see where many problems lie (at the regional level).My ideas will all also involve some additional work on the part of vet reps, and there is even some work that we, as claimants, can do , to resolve the long waits. I did not see mention of these specific solutions in any of the H VAC Subcommittee testimony last month or in prior hearings on the backlog.

This all will take up a considerable amount of my time. I need to maintain my focus on this sole issue-the backlog. VA is not the enemy of VA claimants-time is . Their disabilities are getting worse, during the lengthy claims process and many vets die before their claims are resolved.

Also I again have become a VA claimant because my award letter was wrong. I am using a different approach this time as the 6-7 years my AO IHD death claim took and the 7 years plus my SMC CUE claim took was completely unnecessary and the grossly deficient way those claims were handled at the regional level will be part of my evidence for my future H VAC testimony.

My neighbor, who reads here as one of hundreds of guests everyday, found everything he needed here last week for his TDIU claim.

Thank you all for making hadit the success it has been, and will continue to be, in helping so many veterans, their dependents ,and their survivors garner their proper and well deserved compensation.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

Although I am somewhat fairly new to this site, I have read many of your post and just amazed at the knowledge you possess.

I'm sure whatever it is you feel led to do you will be a great asset in assisting others.

Your knowledge and experience will bring much insight into helping with the backog that exist.

I wish you luck with the completion of your own claim and pray that it will be resolved quickly.

Thank you Berta for your time & effort you put into this site, you have helped so many. Please drop in every now and again to say HI!

VetswifeIndy

Berta,

You have been such an inspiration to myself and all at Hadit who knew you! Your vast knowledge has been a "lifesaver" for us here and without it, I probably would have just gotten way too frustrated and just gave up on it all. I am glad that I did not give up and I thank you so very much for all of your guidance, suggestions, and examples from your very own personal experiences. I know a great deal of research went into everything that you did and I thank you for your steadfast devotions to the many veterans out there that you have helped! You have put your heart and soul into Hadit and it so very well reflects this!

I would check in everyday to see if you had posted anything, but in my heart of hearts I knew that you had made your decision. Berta, you have to do what your heart tells you to do and I am fine with this. You still will be helping veterans, because this is such a passion for you. Do let us know how you are doing from time to time. We will miss you greatly, but we will always know that your heart will still be here at Hadit.

What a blessing that this site is to guide me all through this journey. Rockman can rest in peace knowing that he was awarded 100% and I have Champva.

On one last note, I am so excited that I will be able to do the grievance counseling at the local CBOC ( about 25 miles from home) through telehealth. I start next Friday. I had called the CBOC and left word for the mental health lady to call me ( and that was 4 weeks ago) and have never received a call back. The first time will be the hardest, for I will have to see everyone there for the first time since David passed away.

The Vet center knows that there was nothing out there for me and is allowing me to continue with the PTSD support group weekly. It is like family, for I have been going 1 1/2 years. One veteran came up to me this past Tuesday and wants me to bring him a small quartz crystal as a paperweight to remember David by. I know he is having a hard time dealing with it all.

You know you are right ( in an earlier post) that widows tend to keep so busy that they do not allow themselves to grieve. This is why I know that this counseling will be good for me, no matter how long I need to go. Losing your husband has got to be the hardest thing one will ever do (unless it is your child) and it is so hard to know that they are gone for good. I am so thankful for my faith and knowing he is not in pain anymore.

Berta, I do need to close and I am sorry that this is so long.

I wish so much for you and do not be a stranger to us here. Remember we all love you.

May God bless and watch over you.

Celia

Mrs. Rockman

You know that "It Is What It Is" and I really am Doing the Best that I can ..taking one day at a time.

God Bless all!

• Founder

Oh Berta we have been together so long on this journey and always you have provided to be more than just an advocate, you have given hope and help to countless veterans and their dependents. I am honored that you spent so much time with us and I will miss you as will multitudes of others. I wish you well in your new endeavor and let me know if there is anything I might be able to assist you with. Thank you! I wish you fair winds and following seas.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Hello Berta,

I think you remember when I joined in 2007 not understanding what I needed to do with my chemcial exposure issues. The AO and Nuclear issues and the periods of anxiety and frustration. Of words of encouragement you offered , and the help in suggestions on how to handle the claim, methods that worked and some that didn't. When I was going back and forth to the hospitals and getting out you were helping me and encouraging me. When I had the heart attack after that and trying to make sure I was alright and coming back. Filing the TORT and Section 1151. Girl you are one of my heroes here and I will forever be in more gratitude as well as so many others on Hadit. I know whatever you undertake it will be prosperous and inventive and will culminate into a veterans plus. Thank you Berta. Where did this time go? God Bless, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

Thank you for all of your assistance Berta! You are the best!!

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Berta,

thanks for all your help and may you continue to be richly blessed for your selfless service, directly or indirectly, that you so willingly provide on behalf of all Veterans.

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.