Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loan Discharge

Rate this topic

xpertshot

Just sent my VA l100% award etter. I was scheduled for discharge next December. This will wrap it up a year early. $70,000 because of accrued interest. I applied years ago and they kept holding on to the letters and not processing for so long I kept getting requests to see a Doc again. They were rewarded for collections then so they dallied on discharges. I finally gave up. A $20,000 loan became 70,000 with accrued interest.

It's finally over in 3-4 weeks.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received the "official" letter discharging my student loans. Second paragraph states that I will be receiving a refund on payments made after the effective date of my VA Rating. Really happy for this part!!!

Everyone, don't hesitate to request your student loans to be discharged. The process took aboout 30 to 45 days total!.

Attached is the letter for your review. My loans were originally with Wells Fargo but transfered to Edfund, then Allied and ended up with ECMC for collections.

Thanks again to everyone for your help during the process...

studentloanletter3.pdf

• 1 month later...

I was scheduled for discharge next December 2013... Because I received 100% P&T recently I sent them the award letter.

I was notified this week that my $60k in accrued interest was discharged.

Great news, that must be a huge relief !

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use