Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loan Discharge

Rate this topic

xpertshot

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on the 100% disabled vet student loan discharge. I have 100% tdiu and requested my past due student loans be discharged. I just recieve confirmation on the phone that my loans have been discharged as of Oct. 9, 2012. This is great news because I still had a balance owing $24k.

I'll post and add a copy of my letters from the loan servicer as I get them in the mail. I have a coupleof letters explaining how they were going to stop all collection attempts until my case was resolved.

One of the letters said they would refund any payments made after date I became disabled. I'll let you know if anything comes in the mail from that. If they calculate correctly, I would expect to get around $10K in refunds.

Thanks,

xpertshot

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! Student Loans are a sore point for many. I was fairly lucky when it came to three kids and student loans.

Seems the state of Georgia had a fairly generous scholarship program, and besides that, my middle daughter was able to get through Georgia Tech with just a $5k loan, long since paid off. Sadly, today, the colleges have gotten greedy, and just about doubled the costs.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use