VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Been Away For A While Have Good News!

Rate this topic

MikeR

Sorry I have been away for a while. One reason is I crossed over to the dark side and went to work for the VA. I am not in claims, and frankly I would like to work for a different Gov agency as I have never worked for a place as interesting. They finally decided I was service connected for PTSD and a Depressive disorder after 14 plus years. It now has to go to the RO for a rating. I got a lot of great advice from people at this site, DAV, and my attorneys. I was not sure if being on this site and working for the VA is a conflict of interest. I don't have anything to do with claims so I was not sure?

Sounds like perhaps some good retro might come of this : - )

Just lay low - covert ops . . .

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MikeR

Man you hit the nail on the head with leadership at the VA. I too am somewhat associated with the VA LOL. Been there for 3 years now and it is one of the strangest places I've ever worked. The Dr. and Nurses I have much respect for but some hey choose your rate choose your fate. They seem so unhappy. And that just doesnt work for me. I know they are under a lot of pressure but, hey if you don't like your job then change it. Being an employee doesn't matter when it comes to getting help or information but as far as your claim they flagged mine because the RO is like accross a bridge LOL. Easy access but it doesn't help to get it done any faster 15 months and counting. So congratulations and use what you have to further gain what you need. I wish you the best.

Ooh Rahh

• HadIt.com Elder

Cham,

Thanks. I am biding my time until I can latch on to a better situation. As far as working for the VA and being rated by them it's just as frustrating as not working there. The ebenies website does get updated, but I think people enjoyed talking to "Peggy"on the 800 number even if there was no definitive answer. Ironically of all the budget cuts that are coming the VA has managed to escape, the DoD not so much.

Carlie,

Retro. I sure hope so, I surely do.

Mike

MikeR

Yeah man you are so correct with that. I'm on the facilities side and it's just amazing at what they'll let some buy and what others(contractors) get away with. DOD I've heard has much better leadership but, your neck is always on the line when it comes to budget cuts especially if you've not been there long. Being a Vet helps but tenure is Key so get as much as you can there and as you say bide your time just as I'm doing

again good luck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use