• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ab8 Letter

Rate this topic

jeannie1970

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should be "cautiously optimistic".

Here is what I mean. Ok, dont go buy a new boat with retro you dont have. Nothing like that. Share the news, however, with your significant other ONLY, especially if you think he can keep it quiet and a secret for just you two.

Allow yourselves a "feeling of relief", and treat yourself to a starbucks or maybe even dinner. It wont break the bank if its wrong, but if its right, then you got to enjoy one more day of your life.

While AB8 is not foolproof, remember that ebenefits errors are usually errors of omission...the VARO did not update it. It is unlikely that they would put this on your ebenefits in error.

Odds are in your favor. 90percent that it will happen, 10 percent that it wont.

If you gave the VA your bank account routing number, then check your balance daily. Sometimes the money gets deposited to your bank before you get the letter, because electricity travels faster than the mail man.

Same thing happened to me. I checked one day and my AB8 showed 30% and then I checked the next day and my AB8 letter showed 100%. I also noticed I had a AB3 letter. The AB3 was my letter for commissary & exchange privileges and it showed 100% P&T - No future exams scheduled. It was three more days before I got the brown envelope and one more day before the retro pay showed up in my bank account. Good luck to you.

Georgiapapa...

that is a beautiful thing to at least have some comfort in knowing that you time has come and you are getting what you deserve. I'm praying by the time you read this post your 100% is in the bank. congratulations to you

Live Long And Prosper

Ooh Rahh

Well it's official I am know at 100%. Money hit bank yesterday and big white envelope came today. They determined me 100% for major depressive disorder. Letter states I can still handle my own finances. I am happy, but scared. It is depressing to think that I do not have to work; but, I am not allowed to work anymore. I am 42 yrs old and for lack of a better term medically retired. What do I do now?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use