Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Informal Claim

Rate this question

Zechs

Question

To set my effective date through an informal claim, I know I need to state what condition I'm filing for on a form 21-4138, but do I need to state the symptoms or go into any greater detail?

I'm still gathering evidence, so I don't want to trigger a full claim at the moment, just stake an effective date and my intentions on formally filing within a year.

Meg, I just have to repeat that I for one don't mean to disrespect or cast aspersions on the quality of your service to vets, but Broncovet's point is well founded. He speaks from painful experience as do most of us vets on here. I mean we both cant be right can we? Either we're all whining about nothing or the majority of your peers aren't satisfactorily doing the jobs they're getting well compensated to do, it can't be both. You keep saying we should channel our frustrations positively and scream louder, how can we when we can't even call the regional offices to inquire about our cases. It's like you guys, perhaps excluding yourself, are conveniently isolated from the victims of your performance and all we can do is vent to each other. From shinseki down to the lowest ranking vso, you have designed a system that makes you unaccountable to the people you serve. You can't blame us for venting our frustration. We have to be street lawyers to combat the moving target of rigged va law you folks and congress have set up

FDC form has. changed and now actually tells required forms so you don't get kicked out program. By the way, my claim was done in three mos and granted at 50%. Not saying it works for all, but I am a believer.

http://benefits.va.gov/transformation/fastclaims/FDC_Flyer.pdf

http://benefits.va.gov/transformation/fastclaims/

Edited by T8r

Jbasser I know you mean well but I don't think Broncovet is paranoid just because he refuses to grade the va's mediocre performance on a curve. It weakens the resolve of vets if we accept a few bones and forget the grave wrongs we've suffered at the hands of these politicians and their henchmen at the va. Even if I were a vet who's case succeeded via this FDC route in 3 months, I still wouldn't be satisfied until the wrongs done to brothers like Broncovet and other vets like him have been set aright. Remember that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We must stand together and echo each others pain "until everyone comes home". After all this isn't a fair fight between equals, it's the powerless vet against the might of the va and congress. They have all the power so it will be wrong to take the little consolation the vet has of venting and rattling his chains from him. Telling him he is paranoid is in effect silencing him, we mustn't do that to our brothers.

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep in mind that a claim that qualifies for this process should be considered to be a slam dunk.

They will adjudicate these, set up a c and p exam and rate the claim.

If a veteran has a claim that involve complex issues then the pinwheel will continue.

That is the way it is.

J

Ok, ok. Basser is right. I was a JFC (Jerk First Class). And, I humbly apologize to Meg. Yes, I was negative. The VA doesnt rate me at 100% because I was able to write "How to win friends and influence people" from describing my own life. I lost my home waiting on the VA to process my claim, and it was/is 10 years (and counting) not 90 days, counting appeals. I sent in a "hardship" request that was apparently shredded. I made the error in thinking that the VA treats everyone like me, and I have heard of very rare cases where Vets got a decision in under 90 days, and they no doubt had an excellent VSO. My mistake was thinking the whole world is limited to what "I" can observe. It isnt. Just because " I" did not observe something does not mean it can not happen. Its a logic error and I should not have "attacked" Meg.

I did exactly what Meg said not to do, that is, to type a letter with my claim which the VA never read. I did not have Meg as a VSO. I picked the VSO that was "available", and I now know why this VSO was available....other Vets had dropped him, so he had empty spots. They did not drop my VSO because he completed their claim in 90 days, either.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronco, you keep on doing what you do. I appreciate what you do. Your points of view keep us grounded.

I am proud to have you as a friend.

J