Rate this topic

USMC5811

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again everyone for the congrats!

Rather then start a new thread.....I thought I would add the retro timeline to maybe give others some hope that are waiting.

My retro was deposited a day after receiving the brown envelope - I am not a retiree.

My husband retired after 20+ years. He received partial retro (16,000+) a day after receiving his brown envelope. Mid Feb DFAS paid their retro (he was at 30% upgraded to 100% P/T). Today the bank shows that his remaining retro from VA will hit the bank on the 28th Feb. He received his brown envelope on the 26th of Jan 2013 - claim originally filed in June 2011.

He received partial monthly payments from VA in Feb. March will be the first full monthly (100%) payment from VA and the first full retirement pay according to the bank.

I know this is fast in comparison to what I've read from other vets who have posted in regards to CRDP/CRCS - our RO is Winston-Salem NC.

Last week we visited the Tax Office in our county and handed them the paperwork for the property tax deduction - NC does not tax the first 45,000.00 of property value for 100% P/T Vets....

I don't rate CHAMPVA nor does he because we have TriCare Prime. As long as we qualify for TriCare - we cannot get CHAMPVA.

Thanks again for all the help that was given along the way!

Edited by USMC5811

smile.pngCONGRATULATIONS AND ENJOY YOUR BIG WIN AND ALL THE BENEFITS THAT COME ALONG WITH YOUR AWARD!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND MAY GOD BLESS!!!

Celia, Mrs. Rockman

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use