Rate this question

broncovet

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Got popped twice on one side because the gun shot air on the guy behind me, so they backed us up and re-did me and the guy ahead of me. Than at the end of Basic they couldn't find my Med records and told me they would have to do all the shots again if they didn't turn up. DI let me go to every BN's Aid station to have them look for them. Found them when I only had about 2 more places to visit. Good thing I had that training to prepare me for my LPC tour of Fort Dix NJ.

For some of you Air Force or Navy people you might not be familiar with the LPC....Leather Personnel Carrier. Originally only available in Brown, then Black and I see now Available in Tan/Sand!!!

Best regards,

1967 MCRD San Diego... It was amazing being stabbed, air gunned by 4 or 5 corpsman. There were recutes lined up from here to Christmas. Lord only knows what they pumped into us.

The Vietnam Veterans of America (Monte Wilson) got the first Air Gun Hep award many years ago for a vet.

I posted that info here and asked him how they did it.

Monte told me the vet had no History of any IV drug use and I think he might have had a tattoo.(these are 2 reasons VA uses to deny Hep claims)

Their only evidence was a Study done in England associating Hep with the Air guns.

I CORPS vets in Danang- I think that Vietnamese barber who was a double agent , just off the base, contaminated the razors he used on the Marines)

Thanks for that memory, Berta. I was one of those Marines in Danang in '68. I treated myself on ONE shave while I was having a hair cut. I don't know what he dipped the razor in but it felt like I was being shaved with a rusty fender from a '53 Chevy. Never had another. And, you don't complain to someone who has a razor to your throat.

Hello Kelly,,,,,,,Thats the nicest thing said to me in a while ..... I was rather handsome in those days ......kinda different now 45 yrs later. But I hope to flirt with Berta or Carlie ........ being single like both of them...... lol...... are we having some fun yet. NEVER GIVE UP GOD BLESS> C.C.

I agree with Berta. Ask Nod knows his hep. He has read every CAVC decision on hep...win, lose, or remand. Ask Nod is the expert on Hep, and Berta is the expert on DIC.

Its great we have these experts available. If one of these answers your question, you had better listen to them..I sure do, and appreciate their advice.