broncovet

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1969 had shot in left and right arm same time then given the Polio Sugar Cube. Had dozens of shot in Amariillo, Lackland & Vietnam most with the gun.

At Ft. Bragg in 1966 we were given shots by the gun. I remember blood flowing down my arm so the DIs made us do push ups. This was suppose to stop the bleeding or so we were told.

vet12

There are multiple ways you can get SC for HCV these days. I should include HBV as well since there is a nasty version that is chronic. VA isn't paying out on Autoimmune Hepatitis (AIH) yet which I suspect is due to AO. In a nutshell, if you can show via SF88 entry physical that you had no tattoos and another at separation indicating one on item #39, you can win. The same is true with a documented STD in the medrecs. Even a NGU (non-gonnococcal urethritis) will work. The trick is to get the nexus as well as good medical treatise articles that document the DoD took them out of use in 98 because of their unsanitariness. Type in WGM on the site search bar (http://asknod.wordpress.com/ )down on the right side. There are several articles on how this gentleman won. He had his jetgun evidence and 4 nexus letters. VA chose to accuse him of willful misconduct for multiple STD infections (5). The dye was cast. They couldn't retract their finding. When apprised that it was CUE to call getting the drip willful misconduct, they relented and gave him 100 P&T. VA does not want to get in a shooting match over the jetguns. They know the things are horribly unsanitary. They try to use the "it's plausible but not proven". defense. All you need to defeat it is a well-reasoned nexus letter and a relatively clean bill of health as to intercurrent (post-service) risks. Obviously, if you admit you tried to inhale Peru's entire annual cocaine production in 1982 after you got out, you'll lose. On the other hand, dirty toilet seats do not transmit hepatitis C. Whatever you do, get tested for this bug. I discovered it in 1994 by accident. I'd had hep. in service in 1970 and my body started falling apart. You may not pick up on it until it's really kicking your ass. It feels like old age and you don't get yellow eyeballs that alert you to it. Everyone suffered this indignity.

Evidence is starting to point to the draftee population as the cause. Many were inducted who had drug habits and this introduced a lot of diseases into the shot line when a "bleeder" happened. HCV can exist for quite some time outside the body in a warm environment. It has been proven to survive in dried form for up to three months on a dry, temperate surface. The test is simple and can be done any time you are getting blood work. VA will do it if you ask them to. If you served during the Vietnam era and up to the early 90s, your chances are 67% greater than your civilian next-door neighbor. Good Luck and thank you Broncovet for mentioning this. Vets need to know these things because VA is not in the habit of mailing you a letter and asking you to go down and get tested.

Edited by asknod

My baby girl (USAF 7 years Intell) bled too at Lackland. I was surprised how they were still using the air guns.