Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Momentum Gathering On Top Va Officials Positions Ousters

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

http://washingtonexaminer.com/watchdog-vets-affairs-chairman-miller-calls-for-top-va-officials-ouster/article/2525164

Start calling all of your senators and congressman...... we cannot let this one loose momentum. Enough is enough. Even our President has told the American Public that some changes would be painful. This is one of them. I called Congressmans Jeff Millers office yesterday and spoke with one of his aids. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know how many times I've gotta say this - - -

The VA is unlike any other administrative department of the government.

It has exempted itself from many of the administrative rules supposedly followed by the other departments, without a "peep" from Congress.

More than a few commissions, panels, and studies funded by the government and others have made recommendations that have the potential to improve the way the VA does business. These recommendations, for the most part, have been totally ignored by the VA and Congress.

I as an individual, can say that dealing with bureaucracy is generally a pain, and the VA is one of the worst to deal with.

The only way to "reform" the VA is changing the laws and resulting regulations. This is the direct responsibility of Congress.

Reformation is gonna cost a lot of money. Perhaps, looking at how money is spent by the VA, there are viable ways to compensate.

One way to avoid some of the "capitol expenditures" might be to make more use of "fee paid" local medical services.

Currently, the figures I've run across show that disability payments are a relatively small part of things, when compared to administrative costs.

In other-words, the current claims process and it's administrative costs look like a prime example of an amuck bureaucracy.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

I saw the interview also. The Secretary is in trouble. He doesn't have an idea if what is really going on inside his own department then I realized something. I used to work for these Idiots. These people treat outsiders like the plague. I am sure that the secretary means well but since he is a political appiontee, They are doing it to him also. They figure he will be gone soon so they are likely working around him and doing their own thing. I can reasonably say that someone else is calling the shots. If I were him, I would have the IG up every service center managers backside until they straighten up.

J

The IG that answers to the VA??? If the Secretary really wanted to let people know he was serious about doing things the right way and fixing problems he would have the justice department doing some investigations.

Hello all,,,,,, the Justice Dept would be a great place to start...but the laws that have been broken are so many that...they would need hundreds of Justice Dept. Lawyers to go after them. Still putting criminals in jail is where lawbreakers belong.... why hasn't it happened yet????

I think Jbasser may have a great point about the Secretary....hes appointed and the ROs are not. Now we have the Secretary as a mushroom with his own people..... Hes in the dark. Then again how can he be that KNAIVE??? I think all of us will agree on one thing.......... the whole VA system is broken and cannot work the way it is. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• HadIt.com Elder

Blacks back in the 1960's did not get their rights by depending on Uncle Tom organizations like the DAV, VFW and AL. They marched and protested in the belly of the beast. They took the fight to where the injustice was strongest. This is what we must do I think. It is easy to forget the vet after the war is over. In less than two years we will be out of Afghanistan and in less time than that veterans will be out of the national mind. It is only in time of war that Americans think about vets and active duty. After these wars are over politicians will be thinking about how to cut back on benefits. They cut the G.I. Bill after Vietnam and that was the only good thing that came out of that war.

John