Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

roses15534

Question

How long does it take to get retro pay? I already got it from DFAS just waiting for it from VA I called and talked to a lady who figured I was getting just over $22,000.00 this was in Oct that my rate went up to 80% still waiting for my retro.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well I am glad to know I am not the only one. According to fast letter 10-02, the VA is supposed to implement (that is, pay) board decisions immediately, even if they are partial grants. I also have been waiting since August, and the RO will not respond to IRIS emails about it, either.

I have been told that many VARO's took the individuals that were doing dependency and retro claims, promoted them or moved them to another position to assist with the backlog, and these claims are being done as an additional duty. The service manager told me this himself. I believe everybody remembers additional duties, you do them when your work is done. These claims are not a priority with VA (not my words, but his).

Again, I've seen anywhere from 10 days to 18 months.

How long does it take to get retro pay? I already got it from DFAS just waiting for it from VA I called and talked to a lady who figured I was getting just over $22,000.00 this was in Oct that my rate went up to 80% still waiting for my retro.

There is no definitive answer in regards to a timeframe for

receiving retro comp.

It comes - when it comes - about the same as a rating decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

If memory serves, 22K should be below the levels requiring "extra" handling and signatures. It's likely in a pile received from DFAS, and awaiting "processing".