VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Must Be Some Kind Of Record

Rate this topic

SFCMoore

On 5 Feb 03 I had an L knee replacement. I submitted a claim to have the s/c to my R knee on 8 March 03. The R knee had 2 TKR's. In the packet I asked that;

Increase my R knee from 30 to 60%.

S/C my L knee secondary to R knee.

Today, 1 May I received my c/p result. I used all the knowledge that I gained from this site for over 10 years. I am currently rated at 90%. After the 1 year @ 100% temp this will put me over the 100% mark. I am blessed and wanted to share this with all of you and let you know that if you follow the advice of this site and get all the info needed to submit a solid packet - you have it made. Also, they found an error and I will be receiving back pay for another issue. Again thanks to HADIT.COM. I have always told anybody that this is THE SITE.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

However, unfortunately, this is not a record. Its almost routine for the VA to take 10 or more years to "process" a claim. About 85% of claims are initially denied, so, most Vets have to go through one or more appeals to win benefits. The BVA is taking about 4.3 years, according to Veterans for Common Sense. And, about a third of the time it is "remanded to the (black hole) AMC". Once your claim goes into AMC, you probably wont see it again for a decade.

Claims over a decade old happen often enough the VA has "special procedures" for handling retro over 10 years old. Its called the "Extroridary Awards Program" EAP. One problem: EAP is CUE. You can read about that here:

http://thomasandrewslaw.blogspot.com/2010/08/macklem-eap-equals-cue.html

Amazing !!! Thank you for sharing and Thank You for your Service !!!! smile.png

It is always good to hear great stories and the VA actually doing their job for a change. Stories like this give me hope that I too one day will have s/c and the help I need and deserve.

Good luck and God bless!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use