VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Atrial Fibrillation And Copd,sleep Apnea

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

hello brothers and sisters , its me again . just found out a week ago i have ( afib) with rythmia was prescribed oxygen and im on blood thinners and meds to keep my rate in check ok i guess what im asking is since i already have service connection for sleep apnea, and copd do to expsosure to asbestos apnea was a previous finding. not associatd with asbestos. but i was told by my heart dr that the copd and apnea were directly to blame for my afib and rythmia and my heart being stressed and out of wack brurry vision and dizziness, where and what do i do from here? i filled out one of them 21-526bs but wanted to get some input before i move forward please advise thanking you all in advance for your service

Edited by ammodad

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Go and see an Electrophysiologist or EP doctor now. They put me on a medicine for that A Fib nad it works.

J

If you are asking about benefits, it does sound like you can file for COPD secondary to your SC conditions of A fib or apnea, depending on what your doc says. You can ask him. This could easily get you to 100%

submit your claim on a va fm 21-526ez, attach all medical documentation in support of your claim. The fully developed claim process is the way to go.

I would not use the 21-526b..