Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Provisional Claim Settlements - Any Out There?

Rate this topic

AFButch

spoke with an individual that works for VA, he told me that no decision has been made on any provisional claim at the Louisville, KY VARO. They are in the process of assembling all claims that meet the criteria, then they will do whatever it is they are supposed to do. Even the adjudicators are confused on the direction and guidance they were provided.

In my opinion, I believe that they will screw this process up as well, it's just not going to get any better until the VA has new leadership! I've said that a hundred times and I'm beginning to belive it more and more.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After they get all the claims separated that are over two years, they will have to extend the deadline. Then they will reassign all 2 years plus claims by alphabet. Then a new deadline. Now you are looking at a claim of two years being 2 years and 9 months. This is just another way of hoping the vet dies and guarding the money.

I received a call tuesday from Nashville RO. The man told me that my claim was sent to them from the LA RO, in order for them to help out with the backlog. My claim is going on three years, and he wanted

to know if I was willing to except a decision or if I wanted to wait until they received the information that they had requested on my IU claim because they never received my social security documents. I told him that I had just sent the

information a few days prior, and I would rather wait until he received it and then make a decision, and he said that was fine and that he would be looking for the package from me. I asked him about how long it would take for them to make a decision once they received my information, and he said immediately because they are under a lot of pressure and they need to work on all the old claims and get them done. Well, today I checked the tracking number of the package I sent them and it shows as being received early yesterday. Now the final wait is on. I'll let you guys know how it go's as soon as I hear something back from them.

I don't know if my claim would be considered that. I didn't file too long ago. Aug of 2012 to be exact. I received a call yesterday about my claim being finalized and a deposit being sent within the week.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Good luck to you aggie54.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I got what looks to be a provisional approval yesterday. I had already received a letter from my vso saying they had approved me for 50% ptsd and 0% for my shoulder and ankles all the things I had completed a C&P for. Yesterday my ebenefits said a notification of decision had been sent. My claim went from gather evidence all the way to prep for notification in like a month and a few days.

I also saw my AB8 and AB7 and talked to them on the phone and they said that they had made a provisional decision and the other parts of my claim like mtbi, sensitivity to light etc had been sent back for more evidence(because they screwed up initially and didn't schedule those C&P exams at the same time. My claim would be two years old in july if that helps. I had been sitting in gathering evidence for over a year and a half prior to this mandate.

Zaidon, Karmah, Fallujah

Operation Southern Fire

2/2 Easy Co Warlords

OIF III

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use