boomer2

Question

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It seems like the VA starts one project, then starts another project to help the first one that was dropped anyway. When a claim gets to the rating process and is being reviewed by a RVSR, in most cases would not be a fully developed claim? My claim for IU went to TOGUS, and fully developed from what I saw on ebenefits, then back to Indy for the rating phase. It must have changed status while with the USPS. Now its just sitting there.

Yep...I agree with Stretch.

The New VSO-VA team will be a lean mean denying and delaying machine. Better yet, the VSO will just talk you into withdrawing your claims, or not appealing, so as to reduce the backlog. I hear this one from VSO's often:

"What, dont appeal..just apply for an increase instead. Better yet...since you are getting benefits why risk losing them..just "settle" for what they gave you and reduce the backlog for other Vets. Once you ask for an increase, they can decrease you instead. Dont risk it. Just "settle" and forget it. So what if you cant work and are only getting 10%... you dont meet the schedular criteria for IU anyway, so just settle in and learn how to feed your family of four on $113 per month".

wow, broncovet, I've been doing this awhile and have never heard what you stated, in fact that statement sounds just plain stupid. Is this statement true or is this just an old veteran pissed off at the system and blowing smoke???? just saying..

• In Memoriam

I have heard most of what Bronco has said. When the VSO says, "It is all your own fault", you are in real trouble. I have had this said to me from a DAV VSO. That is when I decided to dump him. Latter I found out that he was promoted to Washington DC. This all happened years before I was granted.

The DAV was a good filing clerk. That was all they did for me and only then after I asked for a receipt for every bit of information I sent in. I have the receipts.

There are many stories about things that VSO's have said and done that newer VSO's may not be aware of.

All you have to do is listen to a Veterans Committee Congressional hearing. Ms. Hickey, goes on like a robot on steroids about how good the VA is doing, but there is not one congressman that believes a word of what she is saying. They have asked for her resignation.

I don't mean to discourage anyone. This is just the truth of the way it has been.

Edited by Stretch

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I've heard a DAV rep say the same thing that Bronco just posted. My cousin has had a claim for his ear drum for going on 40+ years. The VA actually performed surgery on it for him and then said the problem never existed. His VSO said forget it it's has been to long.

• In Memoriam

These are the kind of receipts that I made the DAV send to me. This was before I knew about Hadit or any other type of help. I just knew that evidence was missing from my DAV files. I have omitted personal information.

post-167-0-16910100-1369271117_thumb.gif

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity