VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After 2 Yrs 8 Months Brown Enveloped Arrived!

Rate this topic

SSGmajik

Thank you! It's a huge weight off my shoulders! We can actually get our heads above water now!

@justrluk: Thank you & I replied to your pm.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on your win! Has the Dam broken or something? We have many wins here in the last few weeks and days. It seems many waited 2 years plus. I just put in a claim for increase in my DMII. Everybody get there claims in before we leave Afghanistan and vets are forgotten again until the next war.

Please don't think I am trying to take away from anything or anyone but: The Physical Disability Board of Review, or PDBR, was legislated by Congress and implemented by the Department of Defense(1) to ensure the accuracy and fairness of combined disability ratings of 20% or less assigned to service members who were discharged between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2009.

What makes it different than lets say somebody who was medically discharge in 1995 or after 2009? I am trying to figure out what happened between 2001 - 2009 that makes it so different than others in the past before 2001. I am grateful to see this but I just don't understand how they left other out before 2001....

Congrats on your win! Has the Dam broken or something? We have many wins here in the last few weeks and days. It seems many waited 2 years plus. I just put in a claim for increase in my DMII. Everybody get there claims in before we leave Afghanistan and vets are forgotten again until the next war.

People are getting smarter in using IMOs maybe?

• HadIt.com Elder

I used an medical report 40 years ago, and it was written up on an obsolete VA form. The VA just ignored my IMO. However, with my last claims I did use very good IMO/IME's and that made all the difference. Back in the 60's and early 70's there was an official form for your treating doctor to fill out in detail. It had all the things that you needed for a good IMO. They stopped using it after the early 70's.

Please don't think I am trying to take away from anything or anyone but: The Physical Disability Board of Review, or PDBR, was legislated by Congress and implemented by the Department of Defense(1) to ensure the accuracy and fairness of combined disability ratings of 20% or less assigned to service members who were discharged between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2009.

What makes it different than lets say somebody who was medically discharge in 1995 or after 2009? I am trying to figure out what happened between 2001 - 2009 that makes it so different than others in the past before 2001. I am grateful to see this but I just don't understand how they left other out before 2001....

People are getting smarter in using IMOs maybe?

@rpowell01,

From my understanding there was an investigation & the findings were that veterans medically discharged between 09/11/2001 - 12/31/2009 were not given a fair review of their disability. The finding was the MEB & PEB were overwhelmed with injured veterans & they were just pushing veterans out on medical discharges with 0-20%, just to keep up with all the medical discharges coming in! So, the ruling was that veterans medically discharged between those dates deserve to be reevaluated. After 2009 a new board was setup to handle reviewing medical discharge of veterans to ensure their accuracy! Veterans before & after those dates should have been given the proper evaluation, but again this is the government, so take it for what it's worth! I hope this helps!

-SSGmajik

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use