Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p, Exit Exam

Rate this question

bobz

Question

OK I got out in 1975 never had an exit exam, when I cleared base in Germany doc gave me my medical records to hand cary to VA. There was a lot of documentation in there for high blood pressure as well as all of the test they ran. I have tried several times to get copies of these records but they can't find them no matter how hard I press the issue. They were delivered to the El Paso VA so I figure they are either there or in Waco.

I finally filed to raise my rating last year, I am rated for hypertension and anxiety. Va doc says I had a TIA or mini stroke last Feb. They also started me going to metal health for the anxiety and depression after the stroke. When I filed the claim I sent information from Mayo clinic and Johns Hopkins stating the hypertension and stroke were directly related as well as the anxiety, stroke and depression were related. This is the first C&P since the intake exam I have ever had.

1. What are tthe chances they will actually raise the percentage?

2. Should I start now getting ready for an appeal or wait for their decission.

By the way my Neuro doctor also VA says it was a stem stroke back in 1998 that took out my left arm making it mostly useless.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

By the way when I went and looked on EBenefits I found now it is kicked out to the end of 2014

Hopefully everything goes well for you. Don't buy the ebenies I've had c&p and it never even showed that I was scheduled for them. Also, the date has changed numerous times as to why I have no idea. But, hopefully all goes well for you, your mental health exam seems on point for at least 50% JMO and if you are not working maybe 70%. My question to you is how did you go about getting your info from QTC and it seemed like you received it quick.

Good luck and God Bless

It showed up on myhealthyvet. go to the blue button download and only select VA Notes

Appreciate that I didn't know. Good luck to ya with everything

"He also seemed confused about why the left arm wasn't working I mentioned that the neuro doc (VA) stated she thought it was a stem stroke and he found that in my records. hopefully that will help. Do have to say that this doctor deemed to actually want to get involved and did remark that I did have 2 very good doctors from all he had heard and read on them. I don't know but felt that tis one went fairly well. "

Were you a VA patient when the arm stopped 'working'? Do you mean partial or full paralysis or muscle weakness and loss of mobility and/or use?

I am not a doctor but had some de javu here.......

It is quite likely that the HBP caused a TIA (transcient brain ischemia) or a stem stroke, that caused a partial or total loss loss of the arm usage.

If you were a VA PT when the arm stopped working........did the VA ever give you an MRI?

Are you employed now? or do you receive SSDI and if so, is it solely for what is or could become SC conditions?

"He made no mention of the stroke."

If the stroke is formally claimed, and found to result from the HBP, the VA will SC it, after they order a C & P exam specifically for the stroke residuals,which I believe the arm problems come from.

Berta

I will take them one at a time

Yes I was a VA patient when the arm stopped working. It is muscle weakness, numbness and one finger still works good.

They have done MRIs CT scans all kinds of test on the arm including the one with needles and electric current to check nerves.

No I am not employed and do receive SSDI for the arm/hand and the mental health issues. So far nobody has said or put in writing that the are could be linked to anything SC.

The mental health is SC and on the C&P exam under the able to work block she put, Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity.

So should I wait for this determination an see what happens then go back in with the stroke? It was not claimed when this claim first went in.