Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won I Think

Rate this topic

vet12

congrats

I just checked mine and the status changed to claim complete. I can't pull any info on it. I am in the hopes that nothing changed from what I was told by the VA rep that called me. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the congrats.

I received official word confirming yesterday.

A few years ago I remember Pete53 saying he was cautious of telling friends about a win.

He is right. I was selective and told one friend who was very happy for me. But yesterday I told another friend and got a different reaction. I guess my wife and I will be happy and tell no one else. At least I can celebrate here.

Arng11, I hope things work out for you.

vet12

I just checked mine and the status changed to claim complete. I can't pull any info on it. I am in the hopes that nothing changed from what I was told by the VA rep that called me. Fingers crossed.

I have my foot in the door. Ebennies confirms

Thanks for the congrats.

I received official word confirming yesterday.

A few years ago I remember Pete53 saying he was cautious of telling friends about a win.

He is right. I was selective and told one friend who was very happy for me. But yesterday I told another friend and got a different reaction. I guess my wife and I will be happy and tell no one else. At least I can celebrate here.

Arng11, I hope things work out for you.

vet12

Thank you. I think this is a good step forward. I also am being cautious who I have given this news to. Sadly I have my own predicament to deal with at home. Other than posting my news here I have only shared this news with my mother and two good friends at work. I dislike that I feel I have to do that, however, I am still content. As the saying goes, "one step at a time, one step after another".

Edited by arng11

I agree it's good to limit who knows things; I just say I'm retired, which is true.

When you park in disabled spot or mention "disability" to some folks, they want to put you thru THEIR 'claims system' as well to see if you merit what you got; chances are - you won't pass.

So why bother?

We've jumped thru enough hoops and the world can kiss my butt. smile.png

I agree it's good to limit who knows things; I just say I'm retired, which is true.

When you park in disabled spot or mention "disability" to some folks, they want to put you thru THEIR 'claims system' as well to see if you merit what you got; chances are - you won't pass.

So why bother?

We've jumped thru enough hoops and the world can kiss my butt. smile.png

So true. I don't understand that myself, however, I am guilty of that sometimes. I try to give people a fair shake. I base my opinions on what I see and my personal experience with them. I try not to judge and assume things, because I don't know their whole story.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use