Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won I Think

Rate this topic

vet12

Very well stated Notorious Kelly, and amg11. An old saying that I still remember from an old Gy/Sgt I used to work with in the Marine Corps.

It went like this. When you assume something your only making an Ass out of you and me! ( Ass-U-Me).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the congrats.

I received official word confirming yesterday.

A few years ago I remember Pete53 saying he was cautious of telling friends about a win.

He is right. I was selective and told one friend who was very happy for me. But yesterday I told another friend and got a different reaction. I guess my wife and I will be happy and tell no one else. At least I can celebrate here.

Arng11, I hope things work out for you.

vet12

People for the most part are haters, especially when it comes to money no matter what reason you're getting it. I've learned alot over the years and one things that's never changed is money is the root of all evil. Again congrats to you and your family, and that's all that matters right now is THEM! God Bless and good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! When is the party?

"A few years ago I remember Pete53 saying he was cautious of telling friends about a win."

So true. At least my bank was more friendly for a while when the retro check went into the account..

Glad to hear about your victory! I just have to comment about mentioning a disability rating to others. A good friend of mine was talking recently about people using the system, and getting food stamps, unemployment, etc., and I said something that I had never used the system, and had always worked for everything I got. He looked at me and said: "You use the system every month when the VA sends you a check." He was the last person I would have expected that of. If looks could have killed, he would have been dead. I guess disabilities including Ischemic Heart Disease, PTSD, Prostate Cancer, Diabetes, and who knows what else don't count in his book as disabled. For what my health is like, I've earned every penny of the disabilty and then some. Now, if anybody asks, I just say that I was very lucky on my retirement benefits. Once again, congrats on your victory and best of everything for you and yours.

Buckeye46

Congratulations,

People I have shared my news with were thrilled for me, because they are friends, they know what I go through every day! It sure would be nice if we could give some of our pain and limitations to those who give you the stink eye-or want to label you as an "abuser of the system". How many would be willing to take 26 years of chronic pain, for 5 years of compensation(VA rated me 0% for 21 years)? I wonder how many of those guys would be willing to take 99 dollars a month and give up any normal or usefull use of a "creative organ" (trying to keep it PG)? How many would trade money for 15-20 less years of life expectancy??? I am guessing a lot of these ALPHA HOTELS wouldn't find it such a bargan!

Best regards,

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use