Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Win

Rate this topic

kevin4998

Congrats! Zero to 60% is awesome! Keep up the good work!

And thanks for your honorable service...

Wife & loving personal assistant to my Gulf War Veteran

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the attach file is my brown envelope with blackouts as needed (hopefully I caught everything). I believe I have allot of manueverability in getting too 80% or even higher. E-Bennies was wrong as effect date as you will see, it went back to when I filed my claim, still on pins and needles waiting for it. I had an issue with my bank that is now resolved but put a delay on the retro hitting the bank. No biggie, makes me sit back and contemplate things a bit further.

My main issues know is claiming the CPAP as a secondary to either GERD or Pain Disorder. This will be a new claim and I am not sure how I should go about it, since apparently all I need to do is show documentation. Sorta confused how this process is setup, as we can submit new evidence up to one year of award date. Opinions?

And any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated. I made sticky notes on things I was wondering about in the pdf.

One of those being the fact they state the individual unemployability was going to be addressed. Don't know why that would be considered as I am 60%. I have not recieved a letter on that yet, but it states I would.

Also, with my non-service connected issues, and connected issues that they DID consider me unemployable.. hmm does that mean when I go above 70% I shouldn't have a problem with getting TDUI?

I will be watching this very closely to see what everyone has to say about all this.

Thanks for all good wishes and such

Sincerely Kevin

Well so much for attaching, can't get it too work. I will have to extract the important stuff and try again tomorrow.

Edited by kevin4998

South Indianapolis message me if you need help, and if I can I will

I also am starting to gold pan as a hobby, and if your interested maybe we can hook up.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrads brother, going from 0% to 60%, consider it a blessing and you did something right. For your other issues you mentioned, prepare for a fight and be prepared to have an IME to back your claim, b/c it will help alot. I think you will eventually get what you deserve, but be prepared to fight and dont take your k-bar to the gun fight if you know what I mean.. keep us updated.

Congratulations Kevin and will be looking forward to you posting a 100% rating!

Yes, perseverance is the key here!

God Bless!

Celia

You know that "It Is What It Is" and I really am Doing the Best that I can ..taking one day at a time.

God Bless all!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use