Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Younger Age, Tdiu, P&t

Rate this question

MPsgt

Question

Will the VHA deny a younger aged Veteran P&T TDIU for PTSD? Especially, if that Veteran meets or exceeds all the precursors or could this be "age discrimination?"

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It's not what I want. It's what I need. the problem with that statement is that the VARO does NOT care what you "want" rather they deal with what can your your medical evidence support in granting your award, they do not care about a spouse or kids that need healthcare thru CHAMPVA or college benefits thru DEA benefits. You state all of your training has been in law enforcement, the VA does not care about that, is there any job that you can hold and earn a living at regardless of the income level, nothing guaranteed a job of your choice and the income level of it. Like everything else that deals with the fickle finger of fate, it has tapped you and you are now a disabled veteran, the finger has moved on to tap someone else and screw them, leaving you to pick the pieces up, some of us lost families, homes, vehicles, all of our possessions, etc, and started over, some of us more than once, they win when you get so frustrated you quit, you need patience and persaverance in dealing with the VAROs some of us took a decade to finally get the final rulings in our appeals. my claim started on Dec 2002 I got the back pay and final award letter in June 2009. My claim for A&A went like a freight train Nov 2011 and deposit and grant to SMC L in 11 months. Granted I am now on oxygen 24/7 and either in a wheelchair or bedridden 23 and 1/2 hours a day and my CHF is now in stage 4 end stage and quickly getting worse. But I have lived a lot longer than the doctors at MUSC led me to think back in April 2-11 when they ruled out a VLAD device, heart and lung transplant or another CABG, medications only at some point you get to is just grateful you are still waking up in the next day be it morning or afternoon, there is no schedule anymore, the nightmares and the health don't adjust to normal schedules. Work more on your medical evidence the benefits will fall into place but you need the med records to justify them.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a law in the regs that prevents age discrimination.

So if the discriminate and you prove it it id a cue.

J