• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Update On Backlog

Rate this question

Berta

Question

June 20,2013

In Part:

“WASHINGTON – The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today that as a result of the initiative launched in April to expedite disability compensation claims decisions for Veterans who have a waited a year or longer, more than 65,000-claims – or 97 percent of all claims over two years old in the inventory – have been eliminated from the backlog. “

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2454

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

my claim is from DEC2010. They made a decision on some of the contentions and deffered others. At least that is what the decision letter said.

Epeggy says I have a new claim date of 23 FEB 2013 (the date of the other decisions) and that it is in Administrative review with no estimated time of completion. I called 800peggy and she/he said it was indeed deffered but because of the new date it did not fall under this latest push to get claims done.

He submitted an IRIS for me but they haven't responded.

I still have the RO numbers (thanks Berta) from when they messed up the percentage I should be paid at. I will give them a call tomorrow.

I seen three veterans on Monday that had claims 4 plus years. I guess they are in the 3 percent that they didn't get too.

Does the so-called leadership at VA really think that this statement will hold water? They can baffle the politicians and the American people, but those veterans still waiting, try telling them that.

this is BS!!

I guess I am in the other 3 % I honestly think anything the VA says is crap. Just my own opinion as they are into covering their own assets.... I do not want to cuss the few honest people at the VA.