VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Tdiu Rules Just Released June17, 2013 A Must Read

Rate this question

hendi

Question

If you are waiting for a decision for new or increase in benefits, that would make you eligible for TDIU. You must read the latest training letter put out 6-17-2013. This is the link to the letter: http://www.scribd.com/doc/148923612/FL13-013-001 They are just trying to make it harder on the vets to qualify for TDIU. If you get informed you have a fighting chance.

If you are having problems with the above link go to Jim Strickland's website: www.vawatchdog.org It is on the home page

Good heads up. Thanks. I heard about it, but haven't been able to find a link to share. Supposedly that FL has been in the making since FL 10-07. Going for somebody's employment who hasn't worked in over 5 years is stupid. Along with the failure to prosecute for not submitting an 8940. 10-07 was having us do an increase for all sc conditions. Now it's just what conditions are listed on the 8940. Please everybody read this FL. It is very important. Jmho. Thanks hendi

My TDIU claim just jumped to the review of decision phase and I am betting it has been denied based on the fast letter that I read. Another series of hurdles for the vet to jump when in reality its just a way to discourage us from putting in for it. I bet this is another way of breaking down the backlog.

My TDIU claim just jumped to the review of decision phase and I am betting it has been denied based on the fast letter that I read. Another series of hurdles for the vet to jump when in reality its just a way to discourage us from putting in for it. I bet this is another way of breaking down the backlog.

If you read the FL, you will see they must defer TDIU until they receive VA form 21-8940. This may happen or you may qualify if you have submitted the correct evidence. So don't worry until you get the letter.

Edited by hendi

I took a look, it amazes me that when it benefits them the VA will claim veterans(in general) do not have medical training and cannot make medical determinations. But in this wonderful fast letter they require the VETERAN to determine which medical conditions are preventing them from work and if the veteran refuses to opine they administratively deny the claim. If the veteran does opine, they process the TDIU "Claim" and i bet you dollars to donuts if the VA doctor disagrees with the veterans point of view they are denying it because the medical facts do not agree with the veteran.

I cannot reconcile this fast letter in my mind to the CFR and M21-1MR which requires the VA to consider TDIU if a vet has one disability rated 60% or greater or combined disabilities that exceed 70%.

How is this going to fix anything but setting vets up for denial and giving the VA an excuse to not do the Job as instructed by congress.

The "wonderful service organizations" need to start howling about this, but they are probably busy eating pie at a VA potluck!

It tells me the vet needs an IMO to defend the claim. I think it's good practice to get an IMO, but will probably cost those that don't have health coverage. What a shame!