Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting, Claim Transferred, Still Waiting

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

So, in checking EBenefits, it shows that PTSD claim open since 08/2011 (granted 05/2012 with TDIU deferred) has been shuffled to Philly, where supposedly they have a lighter claim load. However, it has been sitting there for 2 months, with a new notation that the claim is VBMS (completely electronic). It seems sorta ridiculous to me that the claim would be sent elsewhere just to sit there too! The VA can't even claim that it's lost in the sauce because it's electronic. This claim is nearly 2 years old, and I wonder if they restarted the timeclock on the TDIU (05/12) just so they can let it sit and gather dust until 2014. SMDH!!!!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I feel you GlitterPopRock, at 70% I can't afford a thing. I am in panic mode every month, because im broke before payday even arrives. Any new financial need puts me into complete decomposition. I've over drafted so many times, I'm afraid my bank will cancel me. I am in Preparation for Decision phase and I'm afraid to request expedition due to hardship because I fear they will deem me incompetent to handle my finances although my C&P examiner agrees I can and do.

Opinion anyone. Not only are my finances causing hardships, but my neighborhood (criminal element) does not help my PTSD/MDD. My doors and windows are locked 24/7 and I have secure doorstops under my door 24/7. I am a prisoner in my own home!

Hi motherof3, I have a friend who is in the same boat, shoot for me I didn't leave my house for three years, I felt like a prisoner in my own body in my own home...

as for hardships, have you asked your debtors for a hardship, last year was rough and I was behind by months, I finally asked for hardships for some of my credit cards, and got them, payments went to like $8 a month minimum instead of $85, it helped a lot and I wish I would have called sooner, I wouldn't have those dings on my credit!

and back on topic...I'm still waiting :) 4 more days and it will be 30 days, since the 21-4192's were sent out and the 5103 letter, another letter came about a week after saying if I could get all this in they will maybe make a decision on my claim after the 30 days... I don't trust ebenefits atm, I feel they will be behind on the site.... just gonna sit back and wait