Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medicare And The Va

Rate this question

bobz

Question

I keep reading that the VA cannot bill Medicare for non service connected care you receive there. Question is Now that they have rated me on the stroke will that raise any premium I have to pay for a medigap insurance? Being under 65 it is hard to try to find anything reasonable without them wanting to sell you a regular policy on line. I do not want them calling every 5 minutes pitching their products to me. Anyone go through this already?

:rolleyes:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am a 50% service connected disabled veteran. I also qualified for Medicare this year and when I recieved my notice from Medicare that I was automatically signed up for parts A and B, I called them and asked why I had to have Part B, they told me they said the Government had instructed them to automatically add part A to Veterans policies because in the future it would be a requirement for that because the VA was going to be instructed to require this of Veterans. My question is, is this true?

not sure what the govt is up to, but if you can get a good Medicare Advantage Plan you will be happier with the health care anyway because as in my case I feel like for the first time there is hope that I can and will get better health-wise as already feel significant improvement in just under the two months since I started using Medicare with supplement even with a severe 50% sinus condition...well-informed care while dealing with complicated problems I found to be rare within the VA healthcare system.

conia, in my case, I was injured in the Military while on active duty in 2007, and in 2010 I retired from the Military. Shorty after retiring I applied for SSD and after 1 year I was approved, and was automatically sign up for Part A, and Part B, and I was told by the Tri-Care that I was required to accept part B, because it would become my primary for Tri- Care and it was a requirment. So, I believe that it might be different for different people, because of their current health care status.

Thank you for your service, and God Bless.

Aggie