Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rammifications Of Applying For Increase

Rate this question

Question

I am currently rated at 50% for ptsd; however, my symtoms seems to have gotten worse.

I now suffer from paranoia (medication); extreme anxiety and panic attacks (medication); more mood swings, and I now am a permanent telecommuter working at home because I can't deal with people (rage issues).

I lose track of time, can't remember things, and am seriously considering just retiring from my job. Can't take it anymore. I don't go out of the house unless absolutely necessary and my family ususally does all household chores.

Do you think I should apply for an increase?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First, Carlie - I love you!

Thanks for the advice.

I apologize in advance. I have extreme memory/confusion issues. I am a federal worker. On the disability retirement application, one of the OPM requirements is that you must file for SS disability at tlhe same time and show proof that you did. I contacted SSN and was told that I would be automatically denied because I am still working.

So, the only options I have are 1. file for disability retirement or 2. file for early retirement.

I'm going to talk with my doctor to see if she will provide documentation which will support my retirement.

My question is, if I file for early retirement can I still file for SS disability?

thanks to all

I love Carlie too!!! She made a great point about how the meds can hinder employment...something VA ,and the SSA should not overlook.

I think you are covered by FERS and this pdf shows the relationship of FERS and SSDI. Hope this helps.

http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/sf3112-2.pdf