Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Eligibility? And How To File For

Rate this question

khensonb52

Question

I have been rated 90% with unemployability p&t since 2002. One of my ratings is for 60% IHD . I received this back then before IHD was presumptive ao exposure because I was able to tie this in with my presumptive diabetes and lung cancer. I think I can now ask this rating be increased to 100% on its own because I have a muga scan showing ejection fraction or 30% with ischemia and mets of 3. My current ratings are that 60%, plus lung ca for 30%, another for 30%, another for 20%, and the last for 10%.Would it be in my best interest to file for smc award as it stands now or do I need to try for the increase to100% rating for IHD on its own to help qualify for smc. Also if I do decide to file for increase, would it be fasttracked? Does it look like I qualify for smc and if so what kind and how to apply for it? Thanks Hadit

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think your IHD is part of your current TDIU award. If you got 100% for IHD on its own then you could get HB or maybe an even higher level of SMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

SMC of S or total plus 60 percent or be actually housebound.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

when you submit your claim, compile all your medical documentation and enclose it with a VA FM 21-526ez. This is a fully developed claim, which are taking a lot less time to adjudicate. These claims are taking around 5-7 months, depending on the VARO. If your medical doctor is with the VA, there is a block near the bottom of the form where you can list the VA hospital. But I would strongly suggest you requesting an re-evaluation for IHD.

Good luck!