Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p's Next Week

Rate this question

jeffs17

Question

Well I am having my exams, Monday is MH exam and Thursday is audiology and ortho for shoulder and knee, I don't really sleep anymore anyway so I guess I am ready, we will see how things go. Thanks again for all the info on this site, it has helped me a lot over the last year.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well I am having my exams, Monday is MH exam and Thursday is audiology and ortho for shoulder and knee, I don't really sleep anymore anyway so I guess I am ready, we will see how things go. Thanks again for all the info on this site, it has helped me a lot over the last year.

Please be sure to realize that C&P's are no time to man- up or suck it up.

C&P's are a most serious part of the process and you need to let them know how your

life really is and how your conditions impact your life, especially occupational (employment)

and social (to include family) functioning.

Don't forget to mention if you also have negative side effects from RX meds to treat SC'd conditions.

Good luck - have someone go with you if possible.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

ditto with what carlie said, just let them know what's happening with you not today when you're feeling great but the day you're at your worst. MH I believe is just what it is I only spent about 5min with the QTC doc but the VA rolled with what. The Ortho exam is just straight forward and again they rolled with the QTC doc as well. What I've learned in this experience is they are a RIGHT now DR. so if you hurt then you had better say it rather than have them ask because believe you me they won't.

Good luck and God Bless

Thanks for the advice and yes my wife is taking me, funny you said that about manning up or suck it up, that it what my father told me to do about 3 months ago, have not talked to him since, just wondering though, is it ok for me to write down some of the things I think about because I forget things a lot, I see my normal psych doc every two weeks and I always tell my wife I need to talk about this or that, my wife says write it down, I get pissy with her and say I will remember and I never do, so can I take my notes to the MH c&p, or is it up to the doc. Thanks again in advance..

Thanks for the advice and yes my wife is taking me, funny you said that about manning up or suck it up, that it what my father told me to do about 3 months ago, have not talked to him since, just wondering though, is it ok for me to write down some of the things I think about because I forget things a lot, I see my normal psych doc every two weeks and I always tell my wife I need to talk about this or that, my wife says write it down, I get pissy with her and say I will remember and I never do, so can I take my notes to the MH c&p, or is it up to the doc. Thanks again in advance..

Well you can certainly write down and make any list you want - BUT -

the examiner is the one there to be asking the questions and not so much the examinee.

The list you mention seems something more like you would do in therapy.

The exam is to determine your current level of disability and to provide a nexus

if needed, NO TYPE OF TREATMENT will be provided during this exam.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

well I made it through the MH c&p, that was the hardest two hours of my life, think everything went well, but won't bet on it till I see the report, but she did actually seem concerned about certain things I told her about, anyway one exam down and four more to go on Thursday.

• HadIt.com Elder

My old doctor told me once that if I could not sleep before a C&P exam to just stay up and drink lots of strong coffee. By the time I got to the exam I would be shaking like a leaf and the VA would think I was a nervous wreck. At that time the VA had decided I had bipolar so being nervous was to be expected.