Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gross Question For Upcoming C&p Exam Friday

Rate this question

ARTY_CWO

Question

Hello fellow vets. I have had anal leakage and itching for quite awhile now (i know, gross) that has started in service and documented. I have good weeks and then some real bad weeks but it figures that this is a good week for me and I have my exam this Friday. How should I go about explaining to the doctor my problems and at the same time get compensation for those bad weeks? I know this is a broad question but I would like to see what others have to say. Thanks!!

Active duty - Nov 1990 - Nov 2011

GiTMO Dec 1994 - Jun 1994

Operation Iraqi Freedom:

Jan 2003 - Sep 2003 3DIVARTY

Jan 2005 - Jan 2006 1/3ID

Jan 2007 - May 2008 1/3ID

Sep 2008 - Sep 2009 4/2SBCT

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is just my opinion but I'd eat at McDonalds prior to my exam, as it's practically guaranteed you'll have extremely loose bowels and maybe some leakage. I'd surely eat foods that disagree w/my digestive system, the day before (maybe drink some of that liquid they give you before a colonoscopy) ;-). I can tell ya don't be offended by what's happening. It may be gross to "some" but ya know, you're still alive. I have days I have serious problems making it to the toilet but I'm still glad for every day I do have. Be sure to explain what's happening and don't worry about embarrassment, as they've heard it all before. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

PS is right, VA has seen this type of problem before many many times.

The itching is called pruritis.

“Service connection for anal pruritus is granted.”

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/Files1/0704529.txt

The BVA found it as secondary to the veteran's SC diabetes.

Some claims at the BVA for pruritis and other anal problems, regarded fissures, hemmoroids, gastrointestinal issues...etc.

Has the VA or the Mil ever given you an etiology or cause for the leakage and pruritis?

The C & P worksheet should be here at hadit.

It is probably similar to this DBQ:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960H-2-ARE.pdf

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yeah I get the same problem and I am going through the claim's process for it, But mine was after a GB removal and happens from time to time, It get worse with meds, Especially Diabetes Meds Thank god I am on Insulin now and the bouts are not as often, Nothing worse then the Itch or the Rash(s) that the Leakage causes....I filed mine as IBS / Diahreah I will be sure to talk about the leakage as well, I like you don't normally like to talk about it.

Mike

Edited by BakerGeckos

Had the same problem, with the addition of occassional bleeding, it was an anal fissure. Thankfully, a surgical proceedure solved that particular problem, although for the first couple of weeks after, I wasn't sure I made the right decision (think giving dry birth to a porcupine backwards). They started in service but were never documented (along with the Roids), so I know they are caused by service but will never file for them since I don't have the evidence.

Never ever underestime the value of fiber in your diet!!!!

<<<<This is just my opinion but I'd eat at McDonalds prior to my exam, as it's practically guaranteed you'll have extremely loose bowels and maybe some leakage. I'd surely eat foods that disagree w/my digestive system, the day before (maybe drink some of that liquid they give you before a colonoscopy) >>>>>

I would hope this is a joke. I certainly would not incite a Vet to irritate a condition. Your lay testimony into the record is sufficient to verify this is the truth. If there is further evidence of it in the STRs, it would be a slam dunk. Assuming you have the magic paper from a doctor saying it's active, chronic and debilitating X number of days a year, there is no need to "provoke" the symptoms by pooping your drawers at your C&P. In fact, if I were a C&P doctor, I'd think it was a put up job. You're asking for compensation. You don't have to cheat. You have to fulfill three things. Chronicity and continuity must be established before you get there, not in the bathroom at the C&P. A medical record showing it as a continuing condition does not need "staging".

Thank you everyone for your replies!!

Active duty - Nov 1990 - Nov 2011

GiTMO Dec 1994 - Jun 1994

Operation Iraqi Freedom:

Jan 2003 - Sep 2003 3DIVARTY

Jan 2005 - Jan 2006 1/3ID

Jan 2007 - May 2008 1/3ID

Sep 2008 - Sep 2009 4/2SBCT