Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Hadit.com

Rate this question

mseitz

Question

Greetings to all and thanks for your service and advice. I have been reading the forums but this is my first post.

I recently (1 May 13) retired from JBLM, WA after 25 1/2 years in the Army.

I submitted a BDD claim (with VFW VSO) on 1 Nov 12 with 22 issues and had my C&P exams in Dec 12 and January 13. I was told that my claim would be sent to the Salt Lake City RO. In February 13 we moved to the Fort Knox, KY area. I made sure that I updated my address and such with the VA and verified it was updated in ebenefits.

My question is when will I hear anything about my claim? I tried to contact my VSO....Nada. Ebenefits has it "Under Review" which was supposed to be finished on 21 Aug but it now says it is passed its due date for completion of this step.

I know at that at only 4 months into the claims process I am very new to the process but the not knowing or hearing anything is frustrating.

Thanks and I look forward to viewing/assisting others as they transition.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you for your service. He have a VSO who is also a Hadit member in your area. I am sure he will chime in soon.

Do you live in Radcliff or Etown.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

mseitz,

I have an office at the hospital on Fort Knox, I am in the office each Mon, Tue and Wed (except federal holidays). I arrive at 0900 and don't leave until the last veteran is seen. My office phone is 502-624-9298. I do not answer the phone if I am with a veteran, but you are able to leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.

I will be more that willing to assist you with your BDD claim and obtaining the information that you are seeking.

If your not familiar with the hospital, just enter the front doors, as you go in the hospital you will see the pharmacy waiting area on your right. Off to the right there is a set of double glass doors. Go through the doors and up to the counter and ask for the veterans representative.

Please bring with you any documents that you may have.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Rick

• HadIt.com Elder

I live in Lexington, or taxington.

Listen to Meg as he is a valuable asset.

Keep me posted.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.