Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spouse Blind - Any Benefits I Can Apply For?

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hi Everyone,

Its been some time since I've posted here and its been a long road. Currently my husband is Blind in one eye and losing his vision in the other, he is also on dialysis for Kidney Failure and in need of a Liver and Kidney transplant. My question is, Are there any benefits that I can apply for through the VA? He is also receiving ChampVA....

Thank you in advance:

Cherie33 :dry:

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes. The benefit that first comes to my mind is Aid and Attendance. While I cant be sure he meets all the criteria for A and A, given what you posted that he is blind, and other medical conditions, I would be very suprised if he could care for his own needs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone on dialysis SSA waives the 2 year waiting period for medicare. it begins the date your awarded.

ESRD anad ALS are the two that you dont have to wait,

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.